Optional Book Packs: Level 2/3 |
Level 4/5 |
Level 5/6 |
Level 6/7 |
Drawn Into-read reviews
Drawn Into-read testimonials
Language Arts Recommendations
Drawn Into the Heart of Reading
Are you teaching your children the skills they need to appreciate and enjoy a variety of literature?
Do you want to choose your own books, rather than being limited to a pre-selected set of readers or titles?
- Developed for use with students of multiple ages at the same time.
- Based on instructions and activities that work with any literature.
- Designed for use as your entire reading program or as a sup- plement to an existing program for students in grades 2 - 8.
- Intended for use year after year as you move students through the various levels of instruction.
- Structured around daily plans that are divided into 3 levels of instruction.
- Divided into nine units which can be taught in any order.
Genre Studies expose students to a variety of literary styles. Genre units included in the program are are follows:
- Historical Fiction
- Realistic Fiction
- Folk Tale
Godly Character Lessons
Godly Character Lessons evaluate a character's actions using a Christian standard that is based on Godly character traits. The major traits emphasized are as follows:
- Fear of the Lord
- Brotherly Love
Story Element Lessons
Story Element Lessons focus on a different element for each genre. The following story elements are included:
- Main Idea/Theme
- Point of View
- Pre-reading Activities create a purpose for reading the text.
- Guided Literature Discussions help students gain a deeper appreciation and understanding of the text.
- Vocabulary Activities teach different strategies to help discover the meanings of unfamiliar words in the text.
- Creative Projects emphasize a variety of choices to address the needs of all types of learners. Choices include Godly character project options, book based project options, or group project options.