How can it still be 28 days til the first dayof school?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mumkins

How can it still be 28 days til the first dayof school?

Post by Mumkins » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:11 pm

I'm so excited! I can't wait to start school. I'm getting so bored of summer, lol. 28 more days, sigh...
7 awesome kids!

2 graduated
2 at highschool
3 coming home to homeschool in the fall💕
DD5 LHFHG
DS9 Preparing
DS12 RTR

We’ve enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Preparing, CTC, WG

Tansy

Re: How can it still be 28 days til the first dayof school?

Post by Tansy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:34 pm

I gave up on summer to many HOT days. School has been fairly popular the past 2 weeks. esp since we usually go do play dates etc. in the afternoon. I know when the fine weather returns in October and November We can go camping and play outside then. :wink:

Course when the Kiddos say they are bored. I tend to pull out the spray cleaner and have them wash down walls, base boards, and doors... Maybe that would work for you? Giggle...
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

psreit

Post by psreit » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:28 am

We just started Bigger this week. (It's going to be great! :D ) Here in PA, we have a couple of months of great weather still to come. I like to get started in August. Then I have the freedom to take more days off in the fall if I need to or just WANT to take a break. The goal is to be done by the beginning of May, when our weather turns beautiful. Maybe it turns cold sooner where you are. I'd be enjoying the sunny, warm weather as much as possible. 8) But, I know what you mean. I was 'chomping at the bit' a couple of weeks ago, because I wanted to get started. You know what happened? I had plans to start on Monday. Monday morning comes and I get a call that my 150 ears of corn are ready. :shock: I ended getting someone else to take half of them. I knew I couldn't get them all done with a hs parent meeting Monday evening and an appt for my dd (more than an hour away) Tuesday morning. In two days, we have gotten one HOD day completed. Hopefully, today will be different. :) Hang in there! :wink:
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

Marcee

Post by Marcee » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 am

Our schools don't start until the 10th of September and I don't know if I can wait that long! I'm not able to order until next week anyhow, so the 10th does sort of have a silver lining. But still.............. :D