Italic: Book D
by Inga Dubay and Barbara Getty
This book is recommended for third grade or advanced second graders ready to begin cursive writing. It reviews basic italic and covers the total cursive program. Includes prefixes, suffixes, capitalization, and playful poems.
Italic is a modern handwriting system based on eduring letterforms that are highly suited to rapid and legible writing. Italic conforms to natural rhythmic hand movements. Italic builds on previously learned concepts and the letter shapes remain the same from basic to cursive, eliminating the abrupt leap from "ball and stick" to looped cursive. Self-assessment is an integral part of the program.
NOTE: For teaching cursive, choose either Italic: Book D, Cheerful Cursive, or your own handwriting program. If your student is not ready for cursive writing, follow the copywork assignments provided with the poetry in Bigger Hearts for His Glory to practice manuscript writing. One copy required for each student.
$11.75 [Add to Cart]
by Letz and Laura Farmer
Cheerful Cursive was
written for students whose fine motor skills allow a continuous
flowing movement from letter to letter. Motor skill development
varies among students, but is usually adequate by 2nd-3rd grade.
Developed after hundreds of requests for an enjoyable approach to cursive writing, this handwriting program is unique in its approach. Learning cursive letter formation is only half the battle - you also must learn to read it. And because everyone writes differently, you must practice reading many variations. This dual emphasis on writing and reading makes Cheerful Cursive a truly unique product.
Cheerful Cursive incorporates these special techniques and
* tracing the full letter to get a better "feel" for the formation (not connecting dots)
* placement of each letter in the alphabet
* showing what the manuscript and the cursive letter have in common
* using 5 main connecting strokes (the student's Stroke Friends) to make all of the letters
* helpful reminders for correct letter formation
* teaching the shortcut most adults use in writing words that begin with a circular letter
* moving from larger to smaller lines (over 1 inch down to wide rules spaces)
* phasing out the middle dotted line that is not printed on typical notebook paper
* showing how each capital letter connects to the next lower case vowel or consonant
* in-depth alphabetizing for dictionary and telephone book practice
* Bible verses and saying about Jesus
* showing other capital letter variations
* matching capitals to lower case
* transcribing from manuscript to cursive and cursive to manuscript
* introductory grammar - nouns, pronouns, verbs, complete subjects and verbs, and the understood "you concept"
NOTE: For teaching cursive, choose either Italic: Book D, Cheerful Cursive, or your own handwriting program. If your student is not ready for cursive writing, follow the copywork assignments provided with the poetry in Bigger Hearts for His Glory to practice manuscipt writing. One copy required for each student.
$15.95 [Add to Cart]