Week in Review: April 22-26

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

lissiejo

Week in Review: April 22-26

Post by lissiejo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:17 am

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

lissiejo

Re: Week in Review: April 22-26

Post by lissiejo » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 am

If you posted last week I had the dates wrong! You can go back and change your subject line to reflect the correct date, but the corrected date is now in the main heading. Sorry!!!!

Here is our Week in Review!

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspo ... 22-26.html

LHTH: Off week
LHFHG: Part of Unit 27
BHFHG: Unit 29
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

TrueGRIT

Post by TrueGRIT » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:56 pm

In LHTH we completed unit 10
She had great fun acting out the activities. I had to make a couple more 'worksheets' than usual because a couple times she wasn't convinced she was actually doing school! :D

LHFHG Unit 16
Had to plow through not wanting to do FM skills & handwriting this week. Otherwise school went quite well. He voluntarily did extra math. He greatly enjoyed Grandfather Frog stories. Read a couple extra pages in the Reading Lesson. Which brings me to a favorite point of this week. We were at Bible Study and he was following along in the Bible, occasionally reading a word to me when he looked up at me and said, "I know so many words"! :D

Bigger Hearts in unit 27
Some days we do full speed, some days not. We almost got this unit finished, and would have, if I had discovered that one day I forgot to add in History and Science.
It was a day that I was allowing him to add a bit to his previous days work, so I suppose that is where my brain was! :oops:
His favorite parts of this unit was learning about John Muir and his walking 1,000 miles across America. He spent extra time on the activity with that one. He also enjoyed learning about the Chisholm Trail and the wranglers. He had to do the round-up activity twice - once with playing the 'teacher' to his sister. We have 'cowboys' in the family, so this is near and dear to my sons' hearts. (Including cowboy decor in their room and a homemade cowboy wreath made w/ barbed wire by said cousin.)

I don't know how much school we will get done next week. We had something come up, and I also hope to finally get to take a couple Spring Break days.

Have a great weekend!
Mikki
Ds 12- tutoring
Ds 9- Preparing
Dd 7 - Beyond and ER's
Ds 2- LHTH (sort of)

waterandclay

Post by waterandclay » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:58 am

Here is our Bigger Unit 31 Week in Review :)

http://www.monarchroom.com/2013/04/hear ... eview.html

joyfulhomeschooler

Post by joyfulhomeschooler » Sat May 04, 2013 5:55 pm

DS 11 CTC
DD 9 CTC
DS 4 Before Five in a Row
DS 2 Before Five in a Row (tag along)