Week in Review: July 30 - August 3

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

lissiejo

Week in Review: July 30 - August 3

Post by lissiejo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Ok Girls,

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Last edited by lissiejo on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

lissiejo

Re: Week in Review: July 30 - August 8

Post by lissiejo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:59 pm

In spite of dentist appointments, free hair cuts all at the same time, a stomach bug, and losing our hot water for a day...our week went pretty well!

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspo ... ittle.html
Last edited by lissiejo on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

RecumbentHeart

Re: Week in Review: July 30 - August 8

Post by RecumbentHeart » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:01 am

We have been doing well. I haven't been taking photographs or recording much, just getting school done and trying to discipline myself to read aloud to all the children more often. We're preparing our home to put on the market and I am so thankful for HOD because it really enables me to do school and do it well when I have so many other things on my mind and on my to-do list.

We finished up Benjamin West and His Cat Grimilkin this week. DS has loved this book. I did some extra reading up on West out of my own interest and I showed DS some of his paintings online. He is also enjoying the history stories. He keeps wanting to take the books to read for himself but I haven't been letting him because I fear losing that spark he has for history each day. More recently he's been asking if I'll at least let him take the books to reread the parts we've already read which I would be fine with if I thought I could trust him not to give in to the temptation to read ahead.

Everything else is going fine. :)
Alicia
DS10: CTC (beginning Sept.)
DD8: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS7: Bigger (beginning Aug.)
DS5: LHfHG

Robbi

Re: Week in Review: July 30 - August 3

Post by Robbi » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 pm

We started school July 30 too. We were cleaning up the school room becuz I had a friend coming over to look at our HOD stuff (yeah) so then DD said she missed school and wanted to start so I said great, we'll start on Monday!! It was so wonderful, we got right back in the groove, well would if we could get outta bed at a decent time! We started at unit 24 day 3 (why we stopped in the middle of unit back in May, idk, let's just blame morning sickness.) With by DD in Beyond! And unit 16 day 4 in LHTH with DS. And truly felt like we didn't miss a beat. We were too busy to do ANY school over the summer! So thankful for HOD and the easy open & go!!! We are going to go 5 days a week as often as possible to get a done with Beyond and get a good start on Bigger before baby comes in Dec. :)
Robbi
DD 19 Graduated from HOD
DS 15 USI & II combo
DS 10 RTR
DS 8 Preparing
We have now used all the guides!

agstefko

Post by agstefko » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:26 pm

We are on Unit 7 in BLHFHG and just started LHFHG with my dd and we love it. :)

http://q4kids.blogspot.com/2012/08/lhfh ... nit-7.html
Amy married 12 great years to Tony and mom to
Noah 10, Kayla 8 BHFHG, Brie TRL, SM, Tony Jr 3, Nicholas 9 months

sweetgrace

Post by sweetgrace » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:43 pm

We just completed our first week in LHTH! It was fantastic!! I love the simplicity and the kids love the activities :) We are chosing to do the units out of order because I am using something else along side LHTH. We read about david bringing the Ark of the Covenent into the city and the boys made little arks out of old boxes and decorated them. When daddy got home our 4yo was sooooo excited to show him the ark. Daddy-"what did you make buddy?" Grey-"An ark"! (starts to open the box) Daddy-"what's in there"? Grey- "GOD"!! :wink: So sweet! So far we are digging LHTH!
Tawny~ Wife and helpmeet to Gabriel~ Mommy to G- 6.5 LHFHG, A-5 LHTH (slowly), B-20m

Dustybug

Post by Dustybug » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Dusty
Mommy to
Gabriella (7) BLHFHG, ETC, Song School Latin
Aron (5) TMJ's Fruit for Tender Hearts, ETC, Singapore Essentials Math K
Lydia (3) Learning letters, numbers, shapes, and colors
http://www.tothemoonandbackblog.net