Just ordered RTR! and a question re. logic in future guides

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Lynnw

Just ordered RTR! and a question re. logic in future guides

Post by Lynnw » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:53 pm

I won't tell you the long story about the MANY middle ages resources on my shelves and how I came to order RTR this morning, but I am excited to be coming back to HOD! I am relieved to have a load of decision making off my shoulders for the coming year especially regarding trying to integrate writing skills into our studies.

My original plans for the coming year included Art of Argument for my oldest son (6th grade), but I haven't decided whether to add it to RTR or save it for a future year. Julie and Carrie - I know you are SO busy (and I'm praying for you both and your families during this busy season) - I do not need an answer anytime soon.... but do you know if A of A (or any other logic resource) might be used in a future guide?

Thanks and many blessings!
Lynn
Married 19 years to Dh, Detective and Army Reservist: 1 tour in Iraq, 1 tour in Afghanistan
ds 12.5 (7th grade) RevtoRev
ds 9.5 (4th grade) Preparing

dd 8 (3rd grade) Beyond
ds 6 (K/1st grade) Beyond
dd 3

my3sons

Re: Just ordered RTR! and a question re. logic in future guides

Post by my3sons » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Lynn! :D We'll be using RTR together - hooray! :) I'll draw Carrie's attention to this and have her answer as soon as she's able. :) Your prayers are appreciated so much. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

birchbark

Post by birchbark » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Just thought I'd bump this as I have the same question.
Married to a wonderful man since 1995
DS
DS
DD
DS

jg_puppy

Post by jg_puppy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:21 am

I have been wondering about this as well. I have been planning on studying logic on Fridays since the guides are written for 4 days a week.

Janet

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Lynn,

It's good to "see" you! :D It sounds like we''ll be traveling the RTR path together this year, as I have one in RTR right now too. :wink: As far as logic goes, we haven't made any firm decisions in that area as of yet. Right now, we are leaning more toward doing The Fallacy Detective at some point in the guides. We did it last year with my oldest son and enjoyed it. :D

Blessings,
Carrie