19 month LHTH

If you have used "Little Hands to Heaven", please share your experience with us.
stephaniesherie

19 month LHTH

Post by stephaniesherie » Sat May 22, 2010 7:01 am

I started using my LHTH guide! Yes, he's only 19 months but here is how I've integrated it so far and I'm so impressed!

I said the finger play and he copied "AH AH ADAM!" WOW!
Then, I had some alphabet magnets and we searched for "A"

Then, every morning during his playpen time, we listen to the CD then do the short bible reading when playpen time is over.

That's it for now, but it at least gives me something to work from. It helps me be intentional throughout the day. I'd never come up with these ideas on my own! LOL :D

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: 19 month LHTH

Post by Carrie » Sat May 22, 2010 1:10 pm

I'm so glad that you're finding a way to use LHTH with your very little one! My young ones have loved these parts too! :D You've got a great way to make it work for your little guy!

Blessings,
Carrie

stephaniesherie

Post by stephaniesherie » Sat May 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Thank you Carrie for your encouragement!
I really enjoy what you have created. I love all of the boxes, I can just pick and choose the ones that fit him now and then next year, we just add to it. WHAT could possibly be easier??? :D :D :D :D :D

my2boysteacher

Post by my2boysteacher » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:10 pm

How wonderful! We're planning to use Little Hands with my daughter who will be 2 1/2 in the fall. DH was worried that some of the curric may be too hard for her, but I told him we could choose a few things and add more the next year. I'll have to show him this post. Thanks for sharing!
Becky
Mama to the best kiddos on earth! DS9, DS8 and DD2

stephaniesherie

Post by stephaniesherie » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:54 am

Hello all!

My little boy is 22 months and every morning I do a bit of LHTH.
Here is what is working as to right now:
When he is eating breakfast, I sing the weekly song, read the daily bible reading (from the toddler bible rec'd), and show the letter and number of the week. The suggested readings from the manual or so easy. I really love the boxes because it allows me to decide what he is ready to do. I think this program is so worth the money because I can repeat it over and over while all the while adding something new with a review! It's AWESOME!

I also give him some scissors to practicing cutting, etc. I will also say a morning prayer. I have a Melissa and Doug chalk/dry erase board. He practices writing (scribbling HA!).
It's nothing fancy, I promise and it doesn't take more than ten minutes. That is our "official" school work of the day. The rest of the day is spent bonding, playing, listening to music, etc.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:46 am

Thanks for the update! It sounds like you are having a wonderful time using LHTH with your little sweetie! :D We pray it may continue to bless your family. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

stephaniesherie

Post by stephaniesherie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks Carrie!

When do the shapes kick in? Is it in the next book?

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Shapes are done in the math lessons within Little Hands to Heaven. You can view where these appear in the Math Scope and Sequence in the front of Little Hands to Heaven. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Heidi in AK

Post by Heidi in AK » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:00 am

We are about to embark on LHTH with my almost 20-month-old. I was going to go with another CM curriculum, but we are going with HOD after all! What attracted me to HOD was the fact that if you have little actives like mine, who are also sponges, it gives you something to do with them that they'll respond to and enjoy. Other curricula don't advise formal school until age 6. My DS just is too much of a sponge to not capture teachable moments with the little boxes you have laid out, Carrie! Thanks so much for such a prepared curriculum you can just pour into them when they ask! :)

I can just see DS singing "A-A-Adam!" :D
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Heidi,

We pray that your little one will enjoy LHTH as much as we currently are as we're doing it with our littlest guy. :D He loves our time together and is growing and changing so much. Plus, I love that we are hiding God's word in his little heart each day as the lessons in LHTH are all based around the daily Bible stories. :D We'll look forward to chatting with you on the Main Board too as that is where our current discussions take place! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

247mom

Post by 247mom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:13 pm

I started LHTH with my 3yo last week, and it is amazing and exciting to me to see what my 22 mo old DD also learns from it! She enjoys acting out the finger play with big brother, listens to the stories (some of the time!) and while DS was searching for objects the color of the circles he drew, I drew circles of different colors for DD and had her point to the different colors, then I would color that circle in for her, and so on. She is starting to learn more colors and shapes, too! It really helps me to teach her these things (many of which I taught my first DD but have a hard time staying focused on my own with #3!) Thank you for this WONDERFUL curriculum- I have been recommending it to other mothers, too :) :wink:
247mom
wife to loving husband: A since 6/00
Our precious arrows:
DD L (9/03)BHFHG
DS N (10/07) *blessed by adoption* LHTH
DD E (9/09) joins in with LHTH :)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:48 pm

Oh! I'm so glad to hear this! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Heart_Mom

Post by Heart_Mom » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:36 pm

I'm going to start LHTH with my 2 year old soon. I know he will love a period of time each day where he has my undivided attention. I plan on doing the fingerplay, Bible stories, and anything else that looks like he would enjoy. When he's older, we'll do it again as written! :D
Blessings,
Elisabeth

ds - 17
dd - 14
dd - 12
ds - 9
dd - 5 (Little Hearts for His Glory)

Proverbs 4:23 "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."