Our week with Bigger~ Unit 11

If you are using "Bigger Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Teena6

Our week with Bigger~ Unit 11

Post by Teena6 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:07 pm

We are behind... (not really ;) ) our 11 yr old loves Bigger. Yes she is a bit old but we are using the extensions and I wanted her to get a full year of American History.

She has been reading about birds .... the John Audubon book. We love spring here... (not quite spring yet but it is coming) and I have tons of books on birds. We decided to chase a rabbit... we are bird watching and going to make a bird feeder...

in a few weeks we will buy some chicks and journal about them.

Monday we are going to make the bird nests that Carrie talks about in Bigger.

we are very excited. My boys are in LHFHG but they will make the nests too and listen as we read about backyard birds :)
grace & peace,
Teena
mom to 1/2 doz & DIL
using BHFHG & MTMM (in the fall 2012)

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Our week with Bigger~ Unit 11

Post by Carrie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:29 pm

Teena,

I'm so glad that your daughter is having a great experience with Bigger Hearts! It sounds like you are really enjoying the nature type activities. My son loved John Audubon last year too! :wink:

Thanks for sharing! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:09 pm

Teena,

We loved John Audubon, too!! :D He makes me (and my son) observe nature so much closer. :wink: We ALL made bird's nests, too. From dad and mom down to the 2 yo! My husband even added "snow" to his to make it taste more like puppy chow. :lol:
ImageImage

We're thinking about getting chicks this year, too. (My 2 yo and I have already been to the local farm store to admire them. :wink: )

Have fun!
:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 am

We have not started bigger just yet (and won't until closer to July), but I love the edible bird nests...and we are already planning to raise some chickens this summer...so that will fit in nicely. :) YAY!
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.