This is why I love HOD...

If you have used "Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
Amey

This is why I love HOD...

Post by Amey » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:56 pm

We are in the middle of a move so we took off school today to pack and take some things over to the new house. My boys are very excited and they were running around the new house, talking about where to put stuff in their room, etc. I was taking some things out of a box and I looked over my shoulder because my six year old who was picking up spilled silverware, suddenly became very quiet. He was totally glazed over in la-la land for a good 10 seconds and I just looked at him. "What'cha thinkin about Ben?" I asked. "I'm just thinking about what we're learning in history and wondering what's going to happen next..I really like our history." 8) So..I had a warm-fuzzy HOD moment and just thought I'd share. I couldn't believe in the midst of all his excitement he was thinking about school! He LOVES adding things to his history timeline and always says "oooh, I LOVE history!" when I pull out the book. Thanks again Carrie for your obedience to the Lord and using this awesome organizational gift you have to put it all together so we can reap the blessings! :D
Amey
Missionary Mama in Mexico to Benjamin 02, Averic 04 and Deacon 07 and our first GIRL, Phoebe, born August 16, 2009
using Bigger Hearts for my 2nd grade son, finished Beyond last year for 1st
Come visit our family website! http://www.familyafair.com

MamaMary

Re: This is why I love HOD...

Post by MamaMary » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:43 am

Oh Amey,

There is no better testimony. You know your little Ben is learning. I loved how you perfectly painted the picture of him standing there thinking..., tick, tick, tick, tick.

Mary

PS- I thought you were going to say that he was staring at the spilled silverware and it reminded him of the chapter in the book from Beyond where they talk about how they sold their fine silverware in return for pewter :lol:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:01 am

What a sweet story, Amey! :D It's wonderful to be able to be able to help instill a love for learning in our little ones! (HOD is doing that in our family, too.) Good luck on the rest of your move...that's a lot of work! (Especially with little ones!)

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:11 am

Amey - That is just toooooo cute! What a little honey!
In Christ,
Julie :D
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:35 pm

Oh Amey! I can just SEE your little guy thinking in that post! What a great moment! Sometimes I wonder if anything is going in, and then there's moments like those that just make me tingle all over! Thanks for sharing! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie