So far, more than good!

If you have used "Preparing Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
gracelikerain

So far, more than good!

Post by gracelikerain » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:45 pm

Hello my fellow HODies! 8)
We are totally loving HOD over here! I look forward to each new day (the kids like it too!) & I actually have time(I really love to!) to look over our next day's schedule! I always wanted to do that in the past & I would have to force myself to or just wing it the next day & then feel overwhelmed. With HOD, it is like a breath of fresh air. Mama Mary said once (forgive me for my mis quote!) :wink: that she feels completely full with the chunks of work she does with the kids. I totally agree. I feel like we do the perfect amount of work each day & it is very well balanced & full. Who new that when you stick to something & work on it bit by bit each day that you really learn something!! :shock: I was always trying to do too much & never felt like I did enough. I never felt like we were on track...always behind & leaving stuff out. We were burning out! I never dreamed I could feel this good about a curriculum. HOD is my curriculum heaven.....I tell everyone about it! I cannot wait to use all the programs as my younger 2 become ready to do school. I am also looking forward to using the next program Carrie is writing
So, last week we finished up Unit 3 in Preparing. We just have to do the cave art painting. We were saving that for Friday but it didn't happen cause I was doing the summer/winter clothes switch. :roll: We will do the painting tomorrow. My girls are doing awesome with their memory verses. I am very pleased with all of their work so far. The fact that we have been doing ALL of the crafts & art work & experiments says A LOT for us!! It is ALL just so doable!! Bless you Carrie!!! Praying for your continued annointing in all your curriculum endeavors!
I feel so very blessed.
I am looking forward to posting more eack week! Love reading & praying for everyone who writes in for prayer.
I can't wait to post some pictures of my dc art work & stuff.....just have to figure it out! :)

Blessings & Hugs!! :D
Georgette~
Isaiah 54:13
Blessed with 5 awesome gifts from God!
Trail Blazing 4 HIM!
dd-12-CTC
dd-9-Preparing
ds-6-LHFHG
dd-3-tagging along & keeping life real fun!
ds-5 months

MamaMary

Re: So far, more than good!

Post by MamaMary » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:19 pm

Oh Georgette,

PTL! I so understand exactly what you are saying. It makes you wonder why anyone would ever do any other program?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:39 am

I know!! we had a "learning experience" last week (the sewer was clogged and we couldn't run water) so I took the boys and headed to my folk's house for the day. We grabbed our Bigger guide, they each took their folder that contains language arts, readers, copywork paper, math books, etc and off we went! We did school at grandma and grandpa's house (fully impressing g & g in the process...:lol:) It was so easy to take with us-and they even did some of their reading assignments in the car!!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:26 pm

Georgette, I am so happy for you. Yeah! It's so great to have that perfect fit. :D I know exactly what you mean.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Georgette,

I'm praising the Lord with you today! I'm so glad that you are finding HOD a fit for your family and that you are reaping the blessings of steady progress.
Thanks so much for sharing your enthusiasm. You blessed me today! :D

Blessings,
Carrie