What do I use next year...

If you have used "Little Hands to Heaven", please share your experience with us.
CoolKmom

What do I use next year...

Post by CoolKmom » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:53 am

What would I use next year if I am doing LHTH with my 3 year old this year? I’m not sure she would be ready for the next guide. Any suggestions?

StephanieU

Re: What do I use next year...

Post by StephanieU » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:38 am

Just do LHTH again. Add in some picture books for storytime and possibly some of the ABC series from Rod and Staff (LHFHG had some of them scheduled).
I definitely wouldn't start LHFHG until your child is 5. You at least want them in the age range for the hide. Many kids are best served by the middle age, especially when they get to Bigger and Preparing. So don't rush to get to those guides!
Mom to
DD15 US1 (completed LHFHG-WH)
DS13 MtMM (completed LHFHG-Rev2Rev plus some of LHTH)
DD12 Rev2Rev (completed LHTH-RtR)
DS7 Beyond (completed LHTH-LHFHG)

bamelius

Post by bamelius » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:15 am

My kiddo is 3 and I am only doing it now because she wants to be like her big sisters. She has 3 years til she will do Little Hands so the first 2 years I am gonna do LHTH at half speed and add in read aloud. Her K year I will add in the K year recommendations from Little Hearts (we use Little Hearts in 1st grade) with LHTH and do it full speed

CoolKmom

Post by CoolKmom » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:47 pm

Thank you ladies! That makes sense, I just couldn’t wrap my head around it. Maybe I’ll do the finger plays, bible activities and letter recognition and add the other elements next year. :)