Week In Review: July 28-August 1

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

MelInKansas

Week In Review: July 28-August 1

Post by MelInKansas » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:20 am

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

MelInKansas

Re: Week In Review: July 28-August 1

Post by MelInKansas » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 am

Last week was another good week for us, with very mild weather for Kansas in July and good progress made in our guides, as well as preparing for the coming school year.

I schooled through most of the summer for various reasons and am so proud of my kids and the progress they've made, even when I was not always as consistent as I should have been with following through. Last week we took M-Tu off because I was painting and working on my living room (nesting already?) and because we had gotten only 1/2 way through the previous unit so I figured we could just finish it up and start off on a new one for the first week in August. We had been back to school for 4 weeks already and a couple of day break seemed in order.

My 9YO completed Unit 21 of Preparing and my 7YO completed Unit 28 of Beyond. My 5YO just did math and handwriting those 3 days as I was not quite mentally ready to start LHFHG (so we started this week).

In Preparing we finished up reading Grandpa's Box which was bittersweet. We have loved our journey through that book and it has given both of us a deeper understanding of the redemptive thread through all of scripture. I loved talking about the book of Acts and the work of the Holy Spirit, both in that book and in the Storytime book Fountain of Life. She also finished up her project for Biography in DITHOR and enjoyed playing the game with her dad and her sisters.
IMG_3749_small.JPG
IMG_3749_small.JPG (33.05 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
She enjoyed the really hands-on math this week which was liquid measuring. (We almost always do school in our pajamas by the way)
IMG_3745_small.JPG
IMG_3745_small.JPG (41.98 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
Beyond was a joy as usual and my 7YO learned more about the Wilderness Road to Kentucky. The map day and going back over the timeline that we've made this year were a couple of the activities that I really saw her seem to get in a new way this week. Her copywork has gotten really very good and she is writing on wide-lined paper now which makes it easier (I had been writing lines for her on a piece of blank paper to make them just a little bigger).

I have a picture of my 5YO who is almost done with her preschool handwriting and therefore will really be ready for all the K level stuff here very soon.
IMG_3739_small.JPG
IMG_3739_small.JPG (40.17 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
I hope others (those who were doing school like I was) also had a great week!
Melissa

DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:34 pm

Here's our update for the past 2 weeks.

http://cherish-each-moment.blogspot.com ... s-2-3.html
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:44 pm

Great post and lots of fun photos! It looks like you had a great 2 weeks and he is really soaking up all of the great learning in Bigger Hearts.
Melissa

DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven