Week in Review: January 13-17

This forum is for sharing what your week was like with Heart of Dakota. The goal is to post on Thursdays. You can share a picture, a blog link, a written synopsis, your favorite memory, or anything you want that shares your HOD excitement.

lissiejo

Week in Review: January 13-17

Post by lissiejo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:00 pm

What was YOUR week Like?

You can post:

a- A picture
b- A blog Link
c- A written synopsis
d- Your favorite memory
e- Anything you want that shares your HOD excitement!

Important Note: If you are linking us to your blog, please make sure it's not just a general link, but to your specific post of HOD. That way if someone reads through these a year from now they can find your share without needing to hunt!
Last edited by lissiejo on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

lissiejo

Re: January 13-17

Post by lissiejo » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Rough week for mama starting out with a stomach bug. Praising God NO ONE else caught it!!!! He is so gracious :)

Well, we didn't get to all the fun stuff in the guides this week, but we did get through the units. Looking forward to moving ahead tomorrow!

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspo ... 13-17.html

Little Hands to Heaven: Units 32 and 33

Beyond Little Hearts for His Glory: Unit 14

Preparing Hearts for His Glory: Unit 8 (2nd half)
Melissa (Pastor's wife in NC)

http://gracefilledhomeschooling.blogspot.com
Rose (12-years-old) - Revival to Revolution
Beth (10-years-old) - Creation to Christ
Grace (8-years-old) - Bigger Hearts for His Glory

MelInKansas

Post by MelInKansas » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Great to hear about your week! It sounds like you persevered through the illness well, and I agree, praise God that you were the only one who got sick! Your girls are adorable and I loved reading about them - they look similar in age to my daughters.

This week went very well with Preparing unit 3, Beyond unit 12, and LHTH unit 24? I think. The letter Q. The Shepherds "qu-qu-quivering" was probably one of her favorite fingerplays in a while, as well as the stories about Jesus's birth were wonderful to revisit since we just celebrated Christmas last month. We just enjoyed each and every activity in LHTH this week! My son got into the "Peek A Boo" activity on day 5, because he loves "Peek a Goo." My DD is showing some readiness for writing so I am considering starting her in a writing program and taking it very slowly and low-key.

Beyond was a joy as always. My daughter is almost finished with the Early Reader's Bible and she is doing very well with it. Her skills in copywork have taken off as well. The practice has obviously given her strength and endurance in her writing, and now she seems to be able to write just as much as I want her to. We are reading about how Squanto came to join the Pilgrims at Plymouth, the hard winter where many of them died. My DD made a map of Plymouth colony and she did a great job. I usually do take pictures but then have trouble getting them transferred which is why I don't post them here. My art wall is filled up with all the wonderful things my kids have made (and then sometimes two because usually the younger 2 want to participate in the other one's craft).

My oldest is doing great in Preparing! We usually try to get some of her T boxes done first in the day, then I start her off in some S boxes and give her a list of I things to finish before I am able to meet with her again. I have had her doing math almost all independently but today I learned that this is probably not the best choice. She didn't know what to do, but it was one of those where there were answers written (you were supposed to color in the correct answers) so she just guessed. Whoops. So we did that math lesson over again, but that's okay. Hopefully now she knows to come get me if she is confused, and I learned that I should at least look over the lesson to see if there is anything new. She made the cave art, which was a lot of fun. Even the steps of preparing the paper bag to look more like a cave wall was so fun! Today was actually the last day of Unit 3 and we read about Soren doing the cave art of the mammoth hunt and I think her having done that activity really made that more real to her.

So far I am loving the history selections and what we are doing in Preparing! I am so thankful for that and for what we are BOTH learning. I have to confess, having become a believer as an adult and therefore not growing up with a Biblical view of all of the things I was taught in school, I hadn't quite put all the details together on how ancient history progressed, looking at it from the perspective of the Bible. I am learning so much!
Melissa
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
His mercies never come to an end"

DD12 - Rev to Rev + DITHOR 6/7/8
DD10 - CTC + DITHOR 2/3
DD7 - Bigger + ERs
DS5 - LHFHG
DD2 - ABC123
2 babies in heaven

Samuel'sMommy

Post by Samuel'sMommy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:54 pm

This is a little late but here is the link to my blog for last week. We had a great week!

http://cherish-each-moment.blogspot.com ... eek-2.html
Stephanie
Wife to Adam for 25 years
Mom to Samuel (18 - freshman in college), Isaiah (8), and Judah (4) through the miracle of adoption
Using and loving LHTH & BLHFHG

Loved using LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, & RTR!

4Hispraise

Post by 4Hispraise » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Awww....I enjoyed reading about everyone's week! So great to be reminded of those little finger plays from LHTH! I miss that age. :) I love hearing about the guides we haven't used yet. It makes me anxious to get to them (well, not that I want my little guy to grow up fast, but it makes the saying good-bye to one stage easier when I see how fun the next stage is going to be! Thanks for posting, everyone!!
Shelly- bride of 22 yrs. to My Hero
Mom to 2 treasures on earth, and 2 treasures in Heaven
DS - 16
DS - 7 Bigger Hearts For His Glory

waterandclay

Re: Week in Review: January 13-17

Post by waterandclay » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:35 pm