Praise for LHFHG!

If you have used "Little Hearts for His Glory", please share your experience with us.
lovetobehome

Praise for LHFHG!

Post by lovetobehome » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:35 pm

I just wanted to share our experience. I have been concentrating school on my 8yo DS for so long, and my almost 6 yo DD gets left behind....she tags along with what we do, and she has her own math, handwriting and reading books, but I have never given her the attention she deserves for schooling. I admit, embarrassingly and ashamedly, I often have treated her like she is a second class citizen with regard to schooling. Other curricula I have used encourage the little ones to 'fall in' with the older ones, and until reading more here at HOD, that is what I have done.

Well, let me tell you, I have started doing LHFHG with DD over the past couple weeks. Most days, I haven't gotten to it, as I am busy with house cleaning right now, and some other things. But today we got to our fifth lesson. Each day she and I have done it together, she has just beamed and LOVED it. She says "OH YES! Please may we do school, mommy?" So today, she and I did day 5. She just was on cloud 9 having lessons geared to HER level and interests....we played the land/water game where I named an animal and she jumped on 'land' or 'water' depending on its habitat. She was prancing and having SO MUCH FUN, I took such delight in her exuberance! And then we did the rhyme about the animals from around the globe, with the two of us hopping, clip-clopping, prancing, etc, and the joy of my daughter was just contagious. It was the most fun she and I have had together in a LONG TIME. It was just purely delightful. When we were done, she went off and was working on something in the other room. She came in and gave me two little paper hearts she had cut out and had written "I love you, mommy" on them. It was obvious to me that we had bonded in such a way, just doing school together! She was so warm and lovely toward me the rest of the day. I will never forget it!

I really and truly cannot praise this curriculum highly enough. It might sound simple, but what happened today was just amazing to me. Carrie, you have truly changed our lives here. I am incredibly thankful and grateful. This is the most wonderful curriculum I have ever seen, I am so so so glad to have the privilege of using it! My children and I feel very blessed. Thank you!!!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:47 pm

Oh, lovetobehome! You've got me tearing up here! :D

I can really relate to your post, as we'd tried having my second son pulled along with my first-born, and I felt just like you! That is when I wrote LHTH, and we made the most wonderful memories. I can remember the same feeling that you are sharing and what a joy it was to see him joyfully, exuberantly sharing school-time with me. I could just tell he felt so loved.

Thanks so much for sharing your joys. Your daughter sounds precious. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

netpea

Post by netpea » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:13 pm

Wow! What a wonderful day you've had!

I confess that my dd gets pulled along with my older ds. This fall we'll start LHFHG for her and Bigger for him, and I am determined to get both programs in each day!

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:29 pm

That is such a beautiful testimony! Your dd sounds so precious!

I have to warn you....my kids ask to do "Leap, Leap" (that's what they call the first rhyme) everyday...EVERYDAY! In fact, we do at least 10 of the rhymes everyday. My dh came in from the barn one day to ask what was going on....it sounded like the house was coming down! :lol:
You are going to have so much fun this year!
:D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:46 am

How sweet!!!!! Lot more memory book entries coming up. :D
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:10 pm

How wonderful! Isn't it great when they beg you to do school! It is such a blessing. HOD makes me feel like such a good mommy. So glad you are loving it and it is blessing you! 8)
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)