Confused about an update for LHFHG

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Candice

Confused about an update for LHFHG

Post by Candice » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:54 pm

I am looking at the "updates" for LHFHG and am confused by the following as shown on the website:

"Favorite Uncle Wiggly Animal Bedtime Stories: Sammie Littletail in a Trap" is currently out of print. We have replaced this book with "The Adventures of Jerry Muskrat". The plans for "The Adventures of Jerry Muskrat" in the Storytime box of "Little Hearts for His Glory" are available for download by clicking here.

Does this mean the Uncle Wiggly book is no longer available and has been replaced with Jerry Muskrat. If so, I do not see this title available for purchase when looking through the website. Or does it mean that Uncle Wiggly is still available but not the chapter Littletail In A Trap? If so, is Uncle Wiggly available for purchase. Again, I do not see it listed.

I am guessing this is pretty straightforward and I am failing to see that!!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:42 am

Candice,

Sorry for the confusion. "Favorite Uncle Wiggly Bedtime Stories" (the entire book) is out of print and being replaced by the book "The Adventures of Jerry Muskrat". The replacement plans are available on our website in PDF to print.

You can order the book "The Adventures of Jerry Muskrat" from us, although usually we sell it as part of the storytime set (which is why it doesn't come up individually on our website). To order the book individually by check or money order just drop us an email at carmikeaustin@msn.com or to order by credit card call 605-428-4068.

Blessings,
Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:00 am

Thanks Carrie, where, on your website, can I find the storytime set that includes The Adventures Of Jerry Muskrat? Thank you-Candice

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:09 am

Candice,

You caught me online, so you'll get a quick resonse on this one! Here's the link to the storytime set on our website:

http://www.heartofdakota.com/story-time-set.php

Blessings,
Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:38 am

Oh boy, I am so sorry for being so annoying, I followed the link and noticed that this set looks different from the one shown on the "store" page. I see "Favorite Thornton Burgess Animal Stories" listed as the storytime set. Would I order both. Again, sorry for being so annoying,for some reason I am just not getting it!
candice

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:38 pm

Candice,

You're not being annoying, it is confusing! The "Favorite Thornton Burgess Animal Stories" set used to be the set we used in LHFHG. But, the publisher changed the make-up of the set recently, so it is now missing one of the titles ("Buster Bear") that used to be included and has been replaced with a different Thornton Burgess title that we don't use in LHFHG.

So to make a long story short, now we order each of the 8 titles in our "Storytime Set" individually from the publisher (instead of in a set) so customers get the books that match our guide. We should replace the icon on the packages page to show a different cover now that we no longer carry the "Favorite Thornton Burgess Animal Stories" set, but we haven't gotten it done yet. However, the link I sent you is correct and updated. Whew!

Blessings,
Carrie