OT: Way off Topic, but feel lead to ask

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ForHisGlory

OT: Way off Topic, but feel lead to ask

Post by ForHisGlory » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi Ladies,

Just now I was lead by the Lord to ask for prayer from a group of ladies who love the Lord, and who have been so kind and loving towards me. :D

Just to let you all in on a bit of our personal life, as you all probably know, we lost our oldest son a year ago in a tragic accident. I remember on the way home from the accident (after leaving the hospital) Evan saying (he was only 4.5 at the time): Mommy and Daddy, I am praying for a baby brother or sister. That moment will forever be etched in our minds. :cry:

After much prayer, my husband decided that he would go through with the surgery for a vasectomy reversal. You see, selfishly after Evan was born, I was DONE and wanted nothing to do with having more children. I told my husband to get the vasectomy, and to do it fast! But over the years the Lord softened my heart, and I wanted more, but my husband refused...until Ethan passed away. So dear hubby had surgery back in November. We were blessed that we were on the list for only 2 weeks, and the surgery was free through the military!!! :D

We do not know how successful the surgery was, but we can only pray that the Lord's will be done. My prayer is that you would pray for God's will. We want more children for us, but more than anything, we want Evan to have more siblings. He is so lonely. It breaks my heart. :cry:

If you feel lead to do so, would you pray for us? My impatience is hard...as I would love to be pregnant already. But I know in reality it's in His timing, not ours. :)

God bless you all... :D
God Bless You,

Shannon

Wife to Josh
Momma to:
Ethan, with Jesus--Lived Matthew 7:12
Evan, 12

Proverbs 3:5-6
Matthew 7:12

http://www.wallacefamilyhomeschool.blogspot.com

8arrows

Re: OT: Way off Topic, but feel lead to ask

Post by 8arrows » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 pm

I will most certainly pray for you, Shannon. God loves to hear our heartfelt prayers.
Melissa, wife to Jim for 28 years
3 graduated, 2 using US 2, 8th grade dd using Missions to Marvels
Isaiah 40:11 ...He gently leads those that have young.

Candice

Post by Candice » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Shannon,

I would love to pray for you and your family. Thank you for sharing this.

Candice :D

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:07 pm

I will pray for your family. :D I will pray God shows you His will and clearly leads you on the path to His will. I am so sorry for your loss.
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

psreit

Post by psreit » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:16 pm

Praying for God's will for you. I hope you don't mind me telling you my story - short version. :wink: Our 3rd bio child was born with spina bifida and serious intestinal issues. There were many surgeries and hospital visits. I was worn physically and mentally. I decided to have a tubal when she was 2 years old. It wasn't until she was around 9-10 years old that I really started regretting what I did. I asked the Lord's forgiveness for taking things into my own hands. To make a long story short, the Lord worked it out for me to have a reversal at 40 years old. It was successful. I thought for sure I was going to conceive. I was so anxious and would get so disappointed when it didn't happen. Well, it didn't happen after 2-3 years, even after praying and crying out to God for another baby. We started looking into adoption. We did our training, and within 7 months we were chosen to be the adoptive parents of a two year old girl, our dd who is now 8. I can't tell you the joy she has brought to our family. She wouldn't be with us if we would have had our own. So, I believe God will hear your prayer, one way or another. Don't be anxious like I was. Give it to the Lord and let Him work it out in His time. :D Also, it is because of dd that I am with HOD, and I love it! :D :D

Edit: Really, Shannon. Although I didn't go through a loss like you did, I know what you are feeling as far as the patience. It IS hard. Anxiety and stress took over my life when I was waiting. I will pray that God gives you strength to overcome any of that. Keep your mind busy with other things and try not to dwell on it. God used it to teach me to trust Him with circumstances in my life and let Him work things out in His way and timing. The verse "Be anxious for nothing..." really took on new meaning for me. God bless your family as you wait to see what He has in store. :D
Last edited by psreit on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 4
Pam
dh 33 yrs
ds29 church planter in MA
dd27 SAH mom
dd26
dd 12
3 dgs(5,2, & born 6/15) & 2 dgd(3 & born 2/15)

jenntracy

Post by jenntracy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:36 pm

yes, thank you for sharing with us. will pray for your family.

jenn d.
Mom to 4 Blessings
DS 14.5 yrs World Geography
DD 13 yrs MTMM
DD 10 yrs CTC
DS 7 yrs Bigger

tjswaine

Post by tjswaine » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Thank you for sharing so personally with us. I would be honored to pray for you and your family.
In Him,
{Jess}
2012-2013:
Logan ds {10} ~ Preparing, SM 4A, DGP, McGuffey, etc.
Connor ds {8} ~ Preparing. SM 2B, DGP, McGuffey, etc.
Charlene dd {4} ~ The Reading Lesson, SM Earlybird, C-rods, Verbal Math Lesson, etc.
Evan ds {1}
Quinn dd {0}

gotpeace91

Post by gotpeace91 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Just prayed for you...and shared a link to your Please Be Safe blog post on my FB.
~Leah
Wife to the Man I Love since 1994
DS 15 Missions to Modern Marvels
DD 14 Resurrection to Reformation

DHT1999

Post by DHT1999 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Yes, I will pray. I have two children but very, very much wanted to have more. Unfortunately, I had to have a complete hysterectomy last December. I am just now in the last few weeks beginning to get myself together. This is the most painful thing I have ever gone through yet I can only imagine your heartache. I am so sorry that your family has experienced this. You and your husband are very brave. I will definately be praying for you and trusting the Lord to comfort you, make you strong, and give you a beautiful, healthy baby.
2011-2012: Creation to Christ & Bigger Hearts

"He maketh the barren woman to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children." - Psalm 113:9

exodus4

Post by exodus4 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Your blog touched me deeply .
Praying for you !

abrightmom

Post by abrightmom » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Dear Shannon,

Praying for you here in Oregon....girl, you're on my heart and mind a lot these days. The Lord Jesus Christ shines through in your words. We have been studying I Peter in our home this summer. I Peter 1 is rich with truths from the heart of God....
" In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls.

Praying, praying, praying.
Katrina 8) Wife to Ben, husband extraordinaire! God is so good!
DS21, DS20, DD18
Levi DS14

mamas4bugs

Post by mamas4bugs » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:45 pm

I can't even imagine. Praying for God's will and peace for you and your family.
Living the adventure, blessed to be schooling 3:
Cub 15 MTMM with extentions
Crawdad 11 Preparing
Taz 6 her own interesting mix

Have used and loved: LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
http://ourhomeschooltravelingzoo.blogspot.com/

kzacarkim

Post by kzacarkim » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:06 am

Hi Shannon, praying for you! Let the peace of the Lord fill your heart! Funny thing, I am expecting my third child and because of some complications I had with my second and this pregnancy I had decided to get a tubal ligation. In fact I had it scheduled for the 23rd of this month. We have been praying about it and on my last appointment I cancelled the surgery and the tubal and I will try a vbac. Your post is also a confirmation for me that I'm doing the right thing because most likely I would regret this later. I will keep you in my prayers!
Karla
Mommy of
Marcus Leon (9) 4th grade
Andrew Lucas (7) 2nd grade
Larissa Ranae (4) Preschool Stuff
Abby Nicole (2) Our toddler in residence

Isaiah 33. 6

netpea

Post by netpea » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:39 am

Praying
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com

blessed2five

Post by blessed2five » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:42 am

Shannon,

I can't even imagine losing a child, my heart cries for you. I will be praying for you and your family for peace and sweet memories. Your story touches me very personally because my husband had a reversal five years ago and we have been blessed by our Faithful Lord with two more children and two in heaven. Every time I look at their sweet faces I am so thankful for them and our decision to open our lives to more children. May God bless you with the desires of your heart! My prayers are with you!
Emily
Homeschooling mom to 5dc, wife to wonderful dh
dd 13 finished RTR onto RevtoRev in the fall
dd 10 Preparing
dd 5 ready for LHFHG
ds 16, dd 3