Standardized test scores-HOD praise

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
mindywp

Standardized test scores-HOD praise

Post by mindywp » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:56 pm

I have seen other posts on this board inquiring how HOD students score on standardized tests...well, we just received dd's scores in the mail yesterday & I have to say I am more than happy! :D DD was so happy, she wanted to frame them! :) (dd has done CTC for 6th grade & RTR for 7th grade)
In addition to high test scores, she is so knowledgeable about the Bible...not only in content, but how it is applied in our lives. She attended a Christian private school before homeschooling, so she knew quite a bit already, but her knowledge has deepened and matured so much since using HOD. She often refers to either the CTC or RTR guides when discussing a Biblical topic.
It's funny, I started out praising HOD because of the high test scores, then ended up talking about the spiritual growth my dd has experienced...I guess when all is said & done, that is really the most important thing we can instill in our children. :)
Thank you Carrie for prayerfully putting together such a wonderful Godly curriculum!

In Christ,
Mindy
Married to Brian & the mother of two beautiful blessings:
dd 13 yrs, RTR, Rod & Staff math, La Clase Divertida 2
ds 5 yrs, LHTH, La Clase Divertida Spanish 1, Handle on the Arts

tnahid

Re: Standardized test scores-HOD praise

Post by tnahid » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:18 pm

How wonderful! So happy for your daughter to score so well! I know you must be pleased! Bless you and thank you for sharing! Very encouraging to hear! :P :P
Tina
ds 11 -- DITHOR 4/5 and other curriculum
ds 9 -- Preparing and DITHOR
dd 5 -- 1st grade variety of curriculum
Wife of a loving DH 12 years
starting our 4th year of home education, 3rd year of HOD and DITHOR, so blessed...what a journey!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Mindy,

You are so right that the spiritual focus is most important and the great test scores are a second celebration! So, I am celebrating both with you this evening and giving all praise to the Lord! :D

Thanks for sharing! Your post blessed me tonight! :D

Blessings,
Carrie

raceNzanesmom

Post by raceNzanesmom » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Wonderful! :D
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

holdinon

Post by holdinon » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:30 am

Congrats on the scores!
mindywp wrote:
It's funny, I started out praising HOD because of the high test scores, then ended up talking about the spiritual growth my dd has experienced...I guess when all is said & done, that is really the most important thing we can instill in our children. :)
Thank you Carrie for prayerfully putting together such a wonderful Godly curriculum!
I totally understand this statement. My older kids tested for the first time ever this year. Our state does not require it, but they wanted to--just to see what it was like. When we got to the testing site (it was a small group of homeschoolers from our area), the other moms were very nervous--asking the proctor all kinds of questions and making sure there kiddos would know what to do, etc, etc. The whole time, I'm just filling out their registration page and thinking, "Thank you, Jesus, that you have their hearts...and nothing that this test "tells" me, is going to make any difference in who they are IN YOU!"

I believe Carrie and the entire HOD family will receive Great rewards in heaven one day for their part in leading all these little ones (and their mommas and daddies) in the ways of the Lord.
Ang

Oh, and we haven't received their scores yet. So if I should lose sight and come back here and talk about them not doing well, someone please quote me to myself :D
Last edited by holdinon on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013-2014 year:
Geography, CtC, Preparing, Bigger, Beyond, and Little Hearts (and surviving!)

(Completed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, Preparing, CtC, RtR, and RevtRev)

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 pm

That is so great! It's wonderful to have the tangible reward of the scores and know you have not compromised the eternal reward in the process. :D Time to make a frame for those scores and thank God for the true heart knowledge she has gotten bringing her closer to Him! :D Congratulations!
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)