Reading and Writing

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaBear23Cubs

Reading and Writing

Post by MamaBear23Cubs » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:48 pm

My future 6th grader is interested in using DITHOR next year. I used DITHOR back in 2n and 3rd grade and then to ACE for 4th and 5th. We would like to go back to DITHOR for 6th. She still needs work her writing and would like to know what you would recommend. I have Writing Strands 2 and 3 (older edititions) that someone had given me. My daughter still needs work on her paragraphs and report writing. She is still at a half of page of writing that still needs work. She only half heartily works on her writing. Any advice would be helpful.
Military wife and Mama to 3 (DD12, DS8, & DD7)
Have used: Little Hands For Heaven, Little Hearts For His Glory, Beyond Little Hearts For His Glory,
Bigger Hearts For His Glory, and Preparing Hearts For His Glory.
http://livinglifeonthehomefront.blogspot.jp/

raceNzanesmom

Re: Reading and Writing

Post by raceNzanesmom » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:50 pm

I believe Carrie recommends Igniting Your Writing (level 1 or 2).
~Angie
Helpmeet to James for twenty six years
Mom to Race, 23- homeschool grad and Zane, 12- RTR

my3sons

Re: Reading and Writing

Post by my3sons » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:03 am

Will your sixth grader be doing CTC next year? If so, "Write with the Best" is scheduled for writing, and it is excellent! :D I think your dd will enjoy DITHOR. :D
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie