Cute Story...,

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MamaMary

Cute Story...,

Post by MamaMary » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:03 pm

I know we've been on break and I've been less chatty, but I just had to share something with my "Hoodie" sista's!

1- My sweet little 5 year old, Jacob LOVES his bible! (the one that came with Little Hands) I've posted pictures of how he takes it in the car, on vacation, outside to play, etc..., Well, last night he was so excited to show us the story of Job. He opened the bible and said, "LOOK, He has chicken pox too"! :lol: It was a picture of Job with boils. I cannot WAIT to see what God is going to do with this son who so loves "HIS" word.
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Oh that is soooo sweet!!! I knew the pic you were referring to right away as Hannah is always looking at her Bible too.
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:42 pm

You know ladies, I think this post goes hand in hand with Wendy's post about our "invisible nature". Mary, I have no doubt that your son's great love for the word of God has been passed down to him from the invisible building of your home (you must read the other post to get this one!) I know this is why so many of us here homeschool...so our children will grow in the word!

Great story Mary, and a great reminder to all of us about what is really important. Here's a quote I read a few weeks ago, but for some reason it really has stuck with me..."I'd rather my child enter heaven not knowing his abc's then to enter hell speaking in 15 different languages." (That's not word for word, but you get the idea.) It has sort of become my motto!

:D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

granolamom6

Post by granolamom6 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:58 pm

Oh Mary! I love this!
Christa, wife to Sonnie since '93

ds- 13
dd - 10
dd - 7
dd - 4 — LHTH
And another blessing due in March '09.

Visit my blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/granolamom6/

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:38 pm

Mary - isn't that every Christian mom's dream to have her child's favorite book be his Bible?!? I so hope that this can always be true! That's precious. I've missed your chatty nature!!!

Melanie - I like that quote - it will stick with me!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Mary,

That is such a neat story! :D I would imagine He has wonderful things in store for all of your boys!

Candice

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Oh You Guys :D :cry: :D :cry:

Which post was Wendy's about the invisible nature? Am I missing it? Now you've peaked my curiosity.

Thank YOU so much for your words of encouragement. Having a 16 year old makes me so appreciative of every second of the smaller boys. I feel like time is flying by. I don't want them to grow up :?

As cute as my 6 year old is with his bible, his 8 year old brother Seth is very hesitant about the Lord. I've opened the door several times to pray the sinners prayer and he gets embarrassed and tells me he'd like to wait. I am learning to wait on the Lord.

I love you guys and I'm back from vacation NEXT week. I thought it would be this week, but I need to finish up our co-op's yearbook so we can get it to the printer. :oops: I am MISSING my HOD!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Mary,

Here's that post. I can't take credit for it except that I was the one to post it here on the boards. :? Hope it's an encouragement to you.

http://www.heartofdakota.com/board/view ... highlight=

Hillcrest Academy

Post by Hillcrest Academy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:58 pm

Oh! THANK you so much for sharing that!

I was raised with the notion that books are meant to be on a bookshelf, and you have to wash your hands before you touch them etc. As a result I've had a really hard time to see that the kids are meant to write in some of these beautiful books. And all their books are on the shelf. They don't touch them - I read them to them.

Wow! What a wake up call! I need to let them OWN their bibles! Of course, they're going to have to look after them. But what a treasure to be so attached to the Word of God that you carry it around with you!

Thank you for sharing such a precious story. The Lord has used it for a light bulb moment for me!

~Caryn~

netpea

Post by netpea » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:47 pm

Hillcrest Academy wrote:I was raised with the notion that books are meant to be on a bookshelf,
My kids read their books by themselves, but I wish I could teach them to put the books BACK on the shelf when they were done! :lol:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:31 am

Mary,

What a sweet story! My boys have each loved their Bible from LHTH too! They each had to have their own copy, because the spines were coming off and the Bibles were well-worn. :D

Melanie,

I loved your quote too. Food for thought! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie