Alternative book projects? post your idea here

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tansy

Alternative book projects? post your idea here

Post by Tansy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:19 pm

Last year when we got to to book project part of the reading program in Biography. I was thinking about "Life" books and adopted kids. It's this book you put together detailing as much as you know about your childs life before they come home. And then add more pictures and stories as they grow older. I had made one but I hadn't updated it in years. So on that note we went off to local craft shop and got stuff for a Auto-biographical scrapbook.

Then I made her tell her own story in her own words. I was her scribe and typed it all up and printed it out in prety pink letters. She choose photos of herself from the digital albums and we had them printed up. She then put the book together. (it looks hysterical all pink and lime green trim) She loved doing it and we have plenty of pages left to add to it again this year.

I liked the though of having an auto biography from her persepctive and in her own words. I plan on having her doing that again this year and adding to every time we do "biography" in School. It will be a keepsake for years and years to come.

So anyone else with creative ideas for book projects?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:07 am

Tansy,

Thanks so much for sharing this! I'm sure your daughter will enjoy looking back on her book as she gets older. In my earlier parenting days I did a lot of scrapbooking for my boys. They pore over those albums now that they're older. Your daughter's book will be even more meaningful because she chose the pictures and paper. What a creative idea!

Blessings,
Carrie