Introduction and a Question...

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
AnnieInCali

Introduction and a Question...

Post by AnnieInCali » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:28 pm

Hello, I am Annie, I live in the mountains of southern California. I will be using Bigger Hearts with my son, Elijah, 8. I also have an almost 13 year old daughter who will be using something else.

I am married to Bob, my sweet husband for 15 years this September. He's a public school teacher, thus, the reason we homeschool. He TRULY knows what goes on in public school.

Anyway, I was trying to get my order together yesterday and somewhere I ran across where it says which unit each book is used in and today, I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where I was looking?

I only started reading the message boards yesterday, so when I get some time I plan on reading back into the older posts. (When does a homeschooling mom get time? :lol: )

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

In His Grip (and holding on tight),
Annie
Annie
Wife of 14.5 years to Bob and Mommy to Elizabeth 13 and Elijah 8, the jewels in my crown

shera

Post by shera » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:11 pm

Is this what you are looking for http://www.heartofdakota.com/BHFHG-classic.php ?

If you click on packages, scroll down to boy, girl and classic interest click on that it lists the units.

HTH
Sarah
Sarah
ds 11/01
dd8/04

Candice

Post by Candice » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi Annie,

Welcome to HOD, glad to have you here! Look forward to getting to know you as well.

We live in Southern California also, about 25 minutes from the San Fernando Valley. I also have lived in the So Cal mountains, wondering if it is the same mountain area!!!

Candice :D

AnnieInCali

Post by AnnieInCali » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:28 pm

Candice wrote:Hi Annie,

Welcome to HOD, glad to have you here! Look forward to getting to know you as well.

We live in Southern California also, about 25 minutes from the San Fernando Valley. I also have lived in the So Cal mountains, wondering if it is the same mountain area!!!

We are in Forest Falls in San Bernardino County.
Annie
Wife of 14.5 years to Bob and Mommy to Elizabeth 13 and Elijah 8, the jewels in my crown

AnnieInCali

Post by AnnieInCali » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:30 pm

shera wrote:Is this what you are looking for http://www.heartofdakota.com/BHFHG-classic.php ?

If you click on packages, scroll down to boy, girl and classic interest click on that it lists the units.

HTH
Sarah
Yes! That is what I saw! Thank you! Thank you! I thought I was imagining it for a while there. :lol:
Annie

Candice

Post by Candice » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:25 pm

That's it!
I used to live in Big Bear, a little higher up! I used to shoe horses for a living (when I was in my twenties, late thirties now :? ) up in Big Bear and I would purchase my supplies in Yucaipa. My dad has an auto parts store in Big Bear, although he now resides in Missouri.

Again, welcome to HOD, it is truly a wonderful, Christ-centered curriculum that Carrie (and Mike) have created!

Last edited by Candice on Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnnieInCali

Post by AnnieInCali » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:43 pm

Candice wrote:That's it!
I used to live in Big Bear, a little higher up! I used to shoe horses for a living (when I was in my twenties, late thirties now :? ) up in Big bear and I would purchase my supplies in Yucaipa. My dad has an auto parts store in Big Bear, although he now resides in Missouri.

Again, welcome to HOD, it is truly a wonderful, Christ-centered curriculum that Carrie (and Mike) have created!

Small world, my family comes from Missouri and still have plenty back there.
Annie

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:52 pm

Howdy from Missouri!!! :D Glad to have you here!
Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:14 pm

Hi Annie! I am in So Cal too. 8) I grew up in the San Bernardino Mountians in Lake Arrowhead. I live in Riverside now. I just wanted ot say welcome to the boards. :D

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:44 am

My brother lives in Norco. We went to Big Bear when we went to visit them one Christmas; that's where we all saw our 'first' snow! Great memories of my dad falling on the ice...we walked to McDonald's for breakfast because the roads were covered with snow...and everything in the bag and his coffee was all intact. (him too) Too funny; and a small world!

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:13 am

Annie,

I just wanted to pop in and welcome you too! We're glad to have you here! :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

LeAnna

Post by LeAnna » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:02 am

Hi Annie! I too live in Cal, but a little bit north of Candice and Gina, in the Central Valley, between Bakersfield and Fresno. However, I am down that way quite a bit, because my inlaws live in Escondido, so I know the general area :D
But, I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and HOD!! :D :D

LeAnna
Love my husband of 18 years this year;
Love my 3 teenagers--13, 15, and 16. They keep me young, but hanging on for dear life! :lol:
Used HOD in the earliest years with all three of them!

familymgrkendra

Post by familymgrkendra » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:24 pm

WooHoo Welcome to HOD Annie!! Glad to see you over here.
Kendra Neal
Frugal Family Manager to:
DH-Harlin
Joshua 6yrs, Nathan 4yrs, Daniel 3yrs