Greetings...once again...from Alaska!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jamieswife

Greetings...once again...from Alaska!

Post by jamieswife » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:35 am

Hello Ladies!

I am Crystal in Alaska....I was here at the start up of this board and I've popped in a few times since then. I haven't been here in a few months though.

Almost 2 months ago our house burned down and we lost everything but the clothes on our backs....including our dogs and cats which we loved dearly. My 16 year old son lost his best friend in the world (his German Shepherd).

We are just 2 weeks away from moving into our new home which has been built with miraculous speed by our Christian brothers. It is on the same site as the old house. We have a computer again and I am back in cyberland again.

Due to the wonderful generosity of Mike and Carrie my boys have had their curriculum replaced and we all look forward to starting school again and returning to "normal" life!

I wanted to pop in here and see how it was going and...wow....there has been quite the influx of members and posts! That is wonderful! I can't wait to catch up and get to know/re-know you all!!!!

Oh....I am using BLHFHG with my 6 and 7 yo boys and various other currics with my 16 yos and 11 yod (we also have a 2 yod).

:D
-Crystal in Alaska (using BLHFHG)
Wife to James, mom to Cody, Megan, Luke, Jesse, baby Gideon-born straight into the arms of Jesus and now our little Molly girl!

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:12 am

Hi Chrystal.

I am one of the newbies here, but I wanted to say welcome back!! I am sooo sorry that you guys have lost so much, but I am thrilled that that God is restoring your life back to normal!! What blessings!! I hope we will see more of you. :D

Susie ~
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

netpea

Post by netpea » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:33 am

Oh Crystal I am so sorry for your loss but overjoyed at the blessings God is pouring forth at this time. It's wonderful to have you back and I hope you are able to enjoy the summer in your new home.

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:26 am

Oh my Chrystal! :( I am so very sorry to hear of your losses! Isn't wonderful that your brothers and sisters have helped you so much!

I have often wondered what happened to you. You were one of the very first ladies on this board and I've missed you! Welcome back!
:D :D :D :D Mel
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:13 am

Welcome back Crystal! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your home and beloved pets. We have 2 German Shepards and they are great dogs. Praise God that you and your family are all right. I look forward to chatting w/ you again. :D

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

Tiffini

Post by Tiffini » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:43 am

Hi, Crystal! I haven't "met" you yet since I am fairly new here. I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I am also greatly encouraged to hear of the family of God taking care of their own! That is amazing that you can be back in your home so quickly.

Our church burned to the ground a few years ago. My dad is the pastor there and he lost his life's work as well as his life's library. It was a very painful time. But, God has been so faithful and has worked in each of our hearts over time. He truly does rebuild and restore that which is burned up. He is so good! We praise His name!
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008

shera

Post by shera » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:44 am

Welcome back! I'm glad you are getting back into a new house faster than you thought. It is such a blessing to see those around us stepping up to do God's work. Sorry to hear about your animals and house :cry: .

Sarah
Sarah
ds 11/01
dd8/04

Candice

Post by Candice » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:44 am

Crystal,

Welcome back! You and your family have no doubt been through a lot! So sorry to hear about all that you lost, and I am glad to hear that you and your family are returning back to "normal" life.

Looking froward to getting to know you better!

Candice

Elm in NJ

Post by Elm in NJ » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:19 am

Welcome back. I am so sorry about your losses. I am new here and we are using Bigger(we start lesson 2 on Monday :D )

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:27 am

Crystal,

It's good to have you back. We've missed you! :D I'm so glad that your life is beginning to get back to a little more normal flow! It will be wonderful for you to be back home. We're so glad that your family is alright and that God is caring for your needs.

Thanks for the update. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Crystal,

I can't believe your story! I am so sad for all you lost but happy to see your heart to still find God in it. That is awesome! And it's awesome that they replaced your curriculum, but I am not surprised. :D

So glad things are getting back to normal. I can't imagine what you have been through. Just shows you must be very special to come out so quickly and get your life back together. 8)
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:04 pm

water2wine wrote:Crystal,

I can't believe your story! I am so sad for all you lost but happy to see your heart to still find God in it. That is awesome! And it's awesome that they replaced your curriculum, but I am not surprised. :D

So glad things are getting back to normal. I can't imagine what you have been through. Just shows you must be very special to come out so quickly and get your life back together. 8)
Oh Crystal,

God Bless You and your family! I loved what W2W wrote..., I totally agree! I'm so glad your here, your healthy and whole and that the Lord is pulling together the pieces to help get you back on track! I praise the Lord for your testimony! :P
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

MommyInTraining

Post by MommyInTraining » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:45 am

Crystal,

I am saddened to hear of your loss, but I am so thankful that you and your hubby and littles were saved from harm!!!

I am also so glad to see you here!

I tell you, I don't know how many more places we can bump into each other!

(Ladies, the reason I say that is because Crystal and I have been running into each other on the web for about the last 8 years!)

Well, I sure do hope we can stay better connected here on the HOD board!

We just started using Little Hands and will be starting on Little Hearts soon also!

Praise God that you are safe!

crlacey

Post by crlacey » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:40 am

Sorry to hear of your loss. Glad things are looking up and you're back.
Crystal
DD 20 married college graduate
DS 17 college student
DD 11 CTC

Finished: LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, BHFHG, PHFHG, CTC, Res to Ref, Rev to Rev, MTMM, parts of WG and WH

Vicki

Post by Vicki » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:26 pm

I am so sorry for so much loss and heartache in your life and for your family. What a blessing it is to have a new home to move into, though I know you can never recover all that was lost. God is good, and it is wonderful that the Austins were such a blessing for you. They seem to be very special people, and we here are all blessed by their wonderful curriculum they have written.

Welcome back, and I wish you peace in the coming weeks with your move.
Moving along at our own pace, and very happy with it!