High School Lit Credit

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tiffini

High School Lit Credit

Post by Tiffini » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Okay, I have been studying and studying the past posts about beefing up programs for high school. Carrie wrote this in referring to HS Lit Credit:

The English Literature book could also be spread out over several years instead, jumping off at the end of various chapters to read the full length suggested works as desired for credit. We like this plan ourselves.

I have to admit that I really am new to this HS planning stuff. Carrie, are you saying that you would just read some of the titles named at the end of the chapters and that this could count for credit. Is it necessary to complete some kind of a lit guide to count it as credit? Or could you just assign some of your own writing assignments? How many books do you need to read to assign credit - or should you just base it on time taken? How does this work? I'm trying to get geared up for the Cincy convention and I really like the looks of this book, so I"m trying to figure out how to use it. Thank you!
Tiffini
DD (21 ) Graduated! Used HOD from 5th Grade through 12th Grade!
B/G Twins (18) Graduated! Used HOD from 3rd through 12th Grade!
DS (12) and DS (10)- Preparing Hearts
HOD Users since 2008