RtR Science

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
threegreatkids

RtR Science

Post by threegreatkids » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:31 pm

I am wondering if anyone is willing to share a little about the science in Rome to Reformation.
Specifically I am curious about:
* the length of time spent daily by 5th or 6th graders
* the order the books are scheduled
* how many weeks are spent on each book

Thanks in advance. I had thought I might get to the MassHOPE conference to preview in person, but we have a schedule conflict.
Mom of three great kids
7th grade dd, 6th grade dd, 4nd grade ds

threegreatkids

Re: RtR Science

Post by threegreatkids » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:00 am

Still me :)

Could anyone tell me approximately how long science takes in RtR?

Thanks
Mom of three great kids

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:24 am

threegreatkids wrote:I am wondering if anyone is willing to share a little about the science in Rome to Reformation.
Specifically I am curious about:
* the length of time spent daily by 5th or 6th graders
* the order the books are scheduled
* how many weeks are spent on each book

Thanks in advance. I had thought I might get to the MassHOPE conference to preview in person, but we have a schedule conflict.
Hi threegreatkids! :D I'd be happy to share our times for doing RTR! Rather than retype them all out, I'll just share my RTR schedule here:
Image Image

I do use all of HOD's LA and math. If you sub in something that's longer, that will make your day longer. I'm not sure about your last 2 questions? Which books were you wondering about? I can try to answer then. We are loving RTR! We really enjoy the balance of teaching time and independent work. As my ds is maturing, I am finding our teaching time together need not take so long, but what we do do together, I fully enjoy as does he. It has been just right for us. We both are so pleased with his history notebook in RTR too. It truly is beautiful and a neat keepsake from our time spent together in this time period. The Art gallery is lovely! Also, our time spent in Boyhood and Beyond has been so worthy. Such Godly guidance there for my ds as he begins to grow and mature from a boy to a young man. I am thankful for this, as I grew up in a family girls - these boys are throwing me for a loop! :lol: Anyway, I think you'd love RTR. I just finished its photobook and you can see it at this link if you are interested:
http://heartofdakotasphotobooks.shutterfly.com/

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

threegreatkids

Post by threegreatkids » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:58 am

Hi Julie :D
Wow, I just looked at the photobook and RtR looks so fabulous! What great learning and memories, and I'm drooling over the beautiful notebook pages.
Looking at your schedule, it appears that the science takes about 1/2 hour, right? That was my main question, so thanks for sharing your schedule. It amazes me what you fit into each day, by the way :)
I was also curious about how many weeks are spent on the different science books, particularly the Astronomy and Geography texts. It looks in the catalog as though Astronomy is used first with week 1.
I'm sad that we have a conflict during the Mass HOPE conference, as I would have loved to meet you and Carrie and thank you in person for your wonderful encouragement and excellent curriculum. And I would have loved to have seen the displays of all the HOD materials!
Thanks again,
Mom of three great kids