Shakespeare Plays Anyone??

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
SouthernMrs

Shakespeare Plays Anyone??

Post by SouthernMrs » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Hello Ladies,
I've been very absent from the message board this year, but I do try to pop in and catch up when I can. I've really missed out on any discussions of those using the newest guide (RTR).
I'm using RtR with my 7th grade dd this year and she is really enjoying the Shakespeare portion of the lessons. She has asked me if there are any movies of the plays that she can request from the library. I am quite aware that "most?" of these productiions are not suitable for children due to mature themes and immodest costumes. I'm wondering if the more modern-ized versions can be a bit more acceptable (our family happens to enjoy the movie, Twelfth Night with Ben Kingsley). If you have found any movies, we'd really appreciate details!
Thanks so much!
Charlene

blessedmomof4

Re: Shakespeare Plays Anyone??

Post by blessedmomof4 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:34 pm

There was a version of Romeo and Juliet starring Olivia Hussey from many years ago-I haven't seen it in a while but I think it was tastefully done. I'm not in RTR yet, so I don't know if this play is even covered, so I'm sorry if it doesn't help at all...
Lourdes
Wife to Danforth
2 grads 9/19/92,7/8/95
2 in charter school 1/31/98, 9/19/99
3 in Heaven 8/11/06, 8/18/10, 9/13/13
Future HODie is here! 9/14/12