I couldn't wait!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
kayben

I couldn't wait!

Post by kayben » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:54 pm

I officially started back in with HOD. I decided it wasnt worth it to drudge through 5 more months of frustrated schooling and lots of holes in our learning. I sold some old cores that had been handed down to me (which I never used..lol) and bought Preparing and I had Beyond. So we are on wk 3 beyond and wk2 Preparing and doing so well. My 12 year old is jealous because we are sticking with his current program. He already did CTC and I cant add a third program in our budget right now. But let me tell you, it is so good to be back. Can't wait for the convention to check out Rev. to rev. DS is so happy to get to go back to HOD next year. (And the workload is heavier in HOD.). It just feels comfortable. Thats why we love it!.
Rebecca

So next year looks like,
Maybe LHTH for 3.5 year old again that's a maybe. But he and his little sister are busy, busy, busy
LHFHG for my K and 1st graders
2nd half of Beyond for 3rd grader moving into Bigger,
Preparing moving in to CTC for 5th
and Rev to Rev for 8th!

LOL this could have me using every guide but RTR next year at some point!!!
Rebecca, Wife to amazing DH 21yrs..
dd 15 10th grade PS,ds 14 8th grade PS
dd 11,dd 9
dd7,dd5
ds4,dd 2

Heidi in AK

Re: I couldn't wait!

Post by Heidi in AK » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:49 am

That's fantastic, Rebecca! I'm glad you got back! We just found HOD and I breathed a sigh of relief. We were going to go with a couple of other CM programs, but I like how sweet the program is and how fun it looks. :) Enjoy being back!!!
Heidi
loving teaching my rewards!!!
Girlie (dd7) - Beyond, 4 days/week
Boy-o (ds4), LHTH, along for the ride!!! (all boy, whatever he can get his hands on, FULL OF ENERGY!)
Psalm 78:3-7

http://heidihovan.blogspot.com

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: I couldn't wait!

Post by Carrie » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:34 pm

kayben,

It is good to "see" you again! :D I'm so glad that you are started back and are feeling more peace in your day. I know you have a wonderfully busy family, and we pray the Lord's blessings on your days! We look forward to visiting with you more this year. :D

We're excitedly working through the planning of Rev. to Rev. and looking forward to it with our second son next year too. :D

Blessings,
Carrie