OT sort of lol

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
rainbowacreshs

OT sort of lol

Post by rainbowacreshs » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:38 am

I am so apprecitative of HOD! Through the last year and a half I have watched my daughter make leaps and bounds in areas of reading and writing and that love of learning just come back to her!
Its been slow though, especially as we had many family issues that impeded our speed with CTC. As 2010 comes to the close so does the heart of CTC for my Kasey. The science and history are complete as is most of the poetry, and Bible. The two areas we are behind in are math and R&S.
The other night my husband and I sat and reviewed where dd is at and her possible track for the next 5 - 6 years. We decided to hold RTR (which is sitting in large tub in the school area) until the fall of 2011 and focus on math, DITHOR, WWTB, and R&S for the remainder of our 2010 -2011 school year. If necessary we will just beef up the program by adding a couple lap books, and bumping up DITHOR an extra level ( she currently is reading a level below her grade). Not sure exactly yet on that..but I know it will fall into place.
Now here is the cool thing...God has been working through this and I didn't even see it until last night when my husband and I were talking about finances. Our Intreped has been sitting for the last 5 months in a coma because the engine died...at the minimum my husband could find an engine for about $1000 - $1500 used and with some help from some mechanic friends get my car back on the road.. but of course the reason it hasn't been done sooner is the lack of that much money...
Ok so what has that to do w/ my HOD plan and the car... simple..lol by holding RTR till the fall.. I don't have to worry about setting aside that same amount of money (from tax returns) to buy her school supplies and curriculum...she will have her curriculum for 2011-2012 school year with out me paying out more money.. and that money can be devoted to the car!
Teach me... always always trust and wait on HIS planning and timing... fixing the car will come just in time for the coming of the new baby..the money will be there to fix the car without us having to worry about how to get it... I was just blown away when I realized that my prayers over my concerns are being answered, even if I am the last one to see it!
Well ladies its time for me to get...I just wanted to share my enlightenment of the day. I wanted to say thank you too, because it was also this board/threads that helped me to be reassured of my plans for my dd. God bless you all as much as you all have continued to bless me!
~Jasmine~
Married to a wonderful hubby since '95
DD Kasey 14 RTR Sept. '11 - June '12
DD Typhoon Tiffy 3yrs old beggining LHTH

Lil Ruth born April 25 2011..and just a pure joy!

Mommamo

Re: OT sort of lol

Post by Mommamo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:29 am

How lovely that you have figured out a great school plan for your dd, and even better, what a blessing God has given you by figuring out that school plan! Thanks for sharing. I love when things work out like that.
Momma to my 4 sweeties:
DD 14 - MTMM and DITHOR (completed LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, took a couple years off, and now she's back!)
DS 11 and DD 9 - Preparing(completed 2 rounds of LHTH, LHFHG, Beyond, and Bigger)
DD 6 - LHFHG