box day number 3!!!... and cute cover story

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
jewell

box day number 3!!!... and cute cover story

Post by jewell » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:34 pm

Ok, we had guest today, and am preparing for guests for the weekend. And my box came!
I know have the complete reading program, the Little Hands, the Little Hearts, and the essentials ( I think)...for my 3 and 5 year olds.

I need to tell you at HOD that when my 3 year old saw the front cover for the book on the computer, he kept asking me if we could go there! The same thing happened when he saw the book itself! Evidently there is something very appealing to him about this book! It was so sweet. He pointed to the child in the picture and said "that's me".
Yes, we are "going there" in a figurative sense. I just wish I could recreate here for him whatever it is he finds SO appealing in that picture!
jewell
mommy, educator of 10

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Jewell that is such a cute story. I bet he will see himself in the book too. My dd always thinks it is about her. :lol:

I just had to read your tag and ask myself could I hs 4 more? I am not sure. Maybe? Wow! That is a lot of read alouds! You've the woman! 8)
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

netpea

Post by netpea » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:59 pm

I think you're both SuperWomen! But I like the cover pages for the manuals too, I wish our room was so neat, tidy, and cozy. I have so many ideas and so little time and energy.

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 pm

Your son is so not alone! *I* look at the covers and dream!! Hehe!! If only my dd had a bedroom I would be happy!! Well, technically I am happy; I would just be happier. :lol: Those covers are lovely: physically and spiritually. :D
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

6timeboymom

Post by 6timeboymom » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:39 pm

awe!!! that's so cute!! I love that he's so excited about it already!
Darci
mom to 6 great boys-"they've got me surrounded!!"
using: as much HOD as possible! :wink:

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:50 am

jewell,

Thanks so much for sharing that sweet story about your little one! :) I will pass that along to our graphic designer who works so hard to create exactly that feeling with our covers!

Just in case you all don't know, the little boy on the cover is my second son and the little girl is my neice. The curtains, wallpaper, chair, pillows, baskets, and stuffed toys are also from son's room! It's a neat way to remember them when they were that young! 8)

Blessings,
Carrie

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:40 pm

:lol: I love it! My kids enjoy the covers as well....that exact Noah's Ark wall paper border was in their bathroom in our house we sold last year, and they still remember it! Their whole bathroom was done in all Noah's Ark. That is so neat that is actually one of your kid's rooms. :D
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

jewell

did you have a room like that?

Post by jewell » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:53 pm

dear Carrie;
did you have a room like that? How did you create the cozy feeling. I'd always hoped to create that....
Monique
jewell
mommy, educator of 10

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:32 am

jewell,

You have just a few other things going on at your house that keep you busy, like educating and raising 10 children! Hats off to you. You're amazing! 8)

The cover is what one of my son's room looks like, with the exception of the red on the walls. We have the blue from the "Little Hearts..." cover on the walls and red commercial carpet. On our newest cover of "Preparing..." you can see one of my other son's rooms. It's Noah's Ark too with light blue and light yellow. His bedspread is on it too.

My boys rooms are VERY small though! My big boys share a room and they have barely enough room to walk between their two beds! We used to have their beds bunked, but my oldest son is such a wild one that he was literally hanging by his feet from the upper bunk on a daily basis! So, the bunk beds came apart and went on the floor. :lol:

We make up for the tiny room sizes with lots of bright paint and carpet! In our previous 3 houses, I kept everything pretty plain for resale value. But, with this house I told my husband I was making it bright and colorful. Now, we'll probably never be able to sell it, but I'm enjoying it. :wink:

How's that for an off-topic thread! I'm guilty as charged. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

netpea

Post by netpea » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Carrie wrote:How's that for an off-topic thread! I'm guilty as charged. :D
It may be off topic but its wonderful to get glimpes into each other's families once in a while. Thank you.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:00 pm

neapea,

I agree! :wink: I love getting to know each and every one of you. :D

Blessings,
Carrie