PHFHG, ? Unit 4Day2 History

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
kiloyd

PHFHG, ? Unit 4Day2 History

Post by kiloyd » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:24 am

Today's history is about the Ice Age and the Flood. One question is "Why was it alright to hunt for food after the Flood?"

God told them to eat plants , then after the flood he told Noah and his sons that the animals were food too. We don't know what the answer to this question might be. What is your thought?

Thanks
Katherine
ds 9, Preparing
dd just turned 6, LHFHG
dd 3
and 15 mo old 3 days a week

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: PHFHG, ? Unit 4Day2 History

Post by Carrie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Katherine,

The difference is in the Lord's commands to man before and after the Flood based on vegetation as food for man mainly before the flood and as animals also being added as food for man after the flood (hence the hunting allowed now). You can see the reference to both His commands before and after the Flood in Genesis 9:1-3.

And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered. Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. (ESV)

Blessings,
Carrie

michmom2

Post by michmom2 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:21 pm

I might be wrong, but I thought maybe it could have something to do with no vegetation due to the worldwide flood? Just a thought.

Tree House Academy

Post by Tree House Academy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:21 pm

I thought God told the people they could hunt animals for food after the sin in the garden? Or is that just when animals started to kill other animals? I just remember reading something about that in Dinosaurs of Eden earlier this year.
~Rebecca~

ds13(8th) - Rev to Rev w/ TT Pre-Algebra, R&S English 6, CLE Reading 8, Rosetta Stone French
ds9 (4th) - Preparing Hearts, TT Math 4, R&S English 3, CLE Reading 4, & Writeshop Jr.

We have completed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, CTC, & RTR.