happy day

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
silly

happy day

Post by silly » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:02 pm

I really hope this isn't off topic.

I just wanted to say that I was so moved, almost to tears today in school. My eldest has been soooooooo hard to teach all this time. I would sit with him for hours on end trying to teach a letter, or a color, and he'd never seem to retain it.

But oh my goodness, this week has been totally different. My son wrote an A today. By himself. This from the child who a week ago didn't seem to understand how to draw a circle or line. He filled up a page of A's and then was asking me to show him other letters. He figured out M all by himself. I'm so happy!

Before I started LHTH, I felt so lost and not very productive, and had a hard time trying to think of different ways to present things. He's just absolutely blossomed this week. This is making me think of Helen Keller, actually. I've finally found a way inside his mind....

Anyhow, I just wanted to share with other moms who probably understand what I'm feeling :wink: And, I wanted to give a big Thank You to Carrie for her awesome work, and let you know just what has happened in our home.

Oh, and he can recite most of "Adam and the Animals" with very little prompting from me. Another first. I'm just amazed.
Sasha; mama to
Erik (5) LHTH
Jacob (4) LHTH
Lucas (2)

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/jahayfamilyschool/

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:04 pm

I don't think that is off topic. I think that is wonderful.! :D It is a great testimony to HOD products and wonderful they are.

Gina
CTC-10 y/o (dd)
Bigger-8 y/o (ds)

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:06 pm

That is ever so on topic! Congratulations! That is so awesome! Breakthroughs are wonderful. So happy for you! 8)
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

shera

Post by shera » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:15 pm

Totally on topic!! Three cheers to your son that is GREAT!! Don't forget to include that in the weekly review it would be great for mom's considering HOD to see this.

Sarah
Sarah
ds 11/01
dd8/04

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Oh Silly,

I LOVED that share! What a wonderful testimony to the Lord and to HOD! I rejoice with you :D
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Candice

Post by Candice » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:08 pm

Sasha,

That is so awesome, I am so very happy for you and your son! I totally get the excitement over the formation of a letter, especially when it is accomplished with excitement and enthusiasm. Congratulations on finding a wonderful fit for teaching your son to love learning. I can hardly wait to hear what else he learns! Way to go mom!

We also love Adam And The Animals...you are right, Carrie has really produced something awesome (along with her sidekick, God), something special for sure!

Isn't it a wonderful, peaceful feeling knowing you are doing exactly the right thing for your children?

Candice :D

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:35 am

Oh Sasha! What a wonderful share! :D We're rejoicing with you over finding a key to your little guy's mind. We couldn't be prouder of him!

Blessings,
Carrie

silly

Post by silly » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:54 am

It's just such a comfort to finally feel like we're going to be okay :lol: I am very thankful that God led me to your site, and that you were led to minister in this way!
Sasha; mama to
Erik (5) LHTH
Jacob (4) LHTH
Lucas (2)

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/jahayfamilyschool/

yayadaisy

Post by yayadaisy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:46 am

That is wounderful!! There is nothing better than seeing your child "get " something. All that hard work you have been doing is starting to show now. I am sure he was pretty excited about it too!!

Sheila mom to five kids

susie in ms

Post by susie in ms » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:04 pm

Oh man! Another WOW moment!! I am sooo happy for your and you ds! Now that that door is open you will probably fly with learning the letters and colors, and all. :D Have fun!
The way God is shown so deeply in HOD just makes me all warm and fuzzy!!! And for your child to be able to learn his letters with the Bible story finger plays.....oh me oh my, how wonderful!!!
Susie ~ servant to Christ, wife to Ricky for 25 years, mom to Trisha 22, Kris 21, Joshua 19 and Hannah Grace almost 4.
Loving Little Hands to Heaven!

joyfulheart

Post by joyfulheart » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:24 pm

crying with happiness for you

(and my kids think I'm nuts!) LOL

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:46 pm

What a blessing! So happy for you and your ds! These are the moments we live for as moms - and when we have a moment like this, it's so important to share it with one another here. What an incredible blessing that we all get to "be there" celebrating with you vicariously as we read your post... so glad I was "here" to join in the rejoicing!!!
In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie