Question about Science Discovery in Little Hearts

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marcee

Question about Science Discovery in Little Hearts

Post by Marcee » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:08 pm

We are using the 1st grade option, Our Father's World for science. Do the activites only correspond with The World God Made (K option)?

Blessings,
M

Candice

Re: Question about Science Discovery in Little Hearts

Post by Candice » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:17 am

Marcee,

As I understand it, LHFHG gives the option of using 1 of 3 science text choices by CLP...The World God Made (K), Our Father's World (1), and God's Wonderful Works (2). Regardless of which listed text you choose to use, there are scheduled pages for each to accompany and relate to the science discovery box within LHFHG.
The K level text is scheduled in the main plans of LHFHG and the grades 1 and 2 texts are scheduled in the appendix of LHFHG. So, whichever listed text you choose to use there will be a related schedule for you to follow along with the science discovery plans.

I believe the "heart" of the science within LHFHG is contained primarily in the hands-on activities and the "key idea" as written within the Science Discovery box.
So, whether or not you choose to use one of the texts, the science plans are already totally complete. The science texts do, however, add a really nice visual component as they contain beautiful photos as well as great overall content to perfectly supplement the HOD science lessons.

Candice :D

Marcee

Post by Marcee » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:31 am

Candice wrote:Marcee,

As I understand it, LHFHG gives the option of using 1 of 3 science text choices by CLP...The World God Made (K), Our Father's World (1), and God's Wonderful Works (2). Regardless of which listed text you choose to use, there are scheduled pages for each to accompany and relate to the science discovery box within LHFHG.
The K level text is scheduled in the main plans of LHFHG and the grades 1 and 2 texts are scheduled in the appendix of LHFHG. So, whichever listed text you choose to use there will be a related schedule for you to follow along with the science discovery plans.

I believe the "heart" of the science within LHFHG is contained primarily in the hands-on activities and the "key idea" as written within the Science Discovery box.
So, whether or not you choose to use one of the texts, the science plans are already totally complete. The science texts do, however, add a really nice visual component as they contain beautiful photos as well as great overall content to perfectly supplement the HOD science lessons.

So the activities in the Science Discovery box that correlate with The World God Made also correlate with Our Father's World? I'm trying to figure out if the 1st grade science book is like Math 1a where I have to have the Beyond manual in order to use the corresponding activities.

Candice

Post by Candice » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:52 am

"So the activities in the Science Discovery box that correlate with The World God Made also correlate with Our Father's World? I'm trying to figure out if the 1st grade science book is like Math 1a where I have to have the Beyond manual in order to use the corresponding activities."

I think I get what you are saying.

If you are using LHFHG you can choose ANY of the 3 CLP science texts that I mentioned in the other post and you will have a schedule within the LHFHG guide to aid you in the science component of LHFHG.
If you choose to use the K science text option it is scheduled in the main part of the LHFHG plans, right there in the "Science Discovery" box of LHFHG. It will say Text Connection : The World God Made p.47 (for example).

If you choose to use the grade 1 or 2 science texts you would simply go to the appendix in LHFHG and it will tell you which pages in the science text (either Our Father's World or God's Wonderful Works) correlate with the science discovery plans. You would not need the next guide up to carry out the science plans in LHFHG while using any of the 3 CLP science texts mentioned.

Let me know if you still have questions. :D

Marcee

Post by Marcee » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:55 am

Candice wrote:"So the activities in the Science Discovery box that correlate with The World God Made also correlate with Our Father's World? I'm trying to figure out if the 1st grade science book is like Math 1a where I have to have the Beyond manual in order to use the corresponding activities."

I think I get what you are saying.

If you are using LHFHG you can choose ANY of the 3 CLP science texts that I mentioned in the other post and you will have a schedule within the LHFHG guide to aid you in the science component of LHFHG.
If you choose to use the K science text option it is scheduled in the main part of the LHFHG plans, right there in the "Science Discovery" box of LHFHG. It will say Text Connection : The World God Made p.47 (for example).

If you choose to use the grade 1 or 2 science texts you would simply go to the appendix in LHFHG and it will tell you which pages in the science text (either Our Father's World or God's Wonderful Works) correlate with the science discovery plans. You would not need the next guide up to carry out the science plans in LHFHG while using any of the 3 CLP science texts mentioned.

Let me know if you still have questions. :D

Thanks-just what I needed to know :D :D