Childrens dictionary?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Marcee

Childrens dictionary?

Post by Marcee » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:15 pm

I was wondering if anyone uses one. We have been using a small Webster's Collegiate dictionary and it so hard for DD to read such small letters when finding the definition. I was looking at getting this. I'm just not sure how complete it is and if it will have the vocab words suggested from the History books. Any thoughts? :D

pjdobro

Re: Childrens dictionary?

Post by pjdobro » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:17 pm

We have this one (link removed per board rules) or actually I think it is last year's model because it has a different picture on the front. It looks like it is similar to the one you were looking at. So far, we've been able to find all of our vocabulary words in this dictionary and the definitions are simple and on a good level for my dc.
Patty in NC

b/g twins '02 Rev2Rev 2014/15
previously enjoyed LHFHG, BLHFHG, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, RTR
Nisi Dominus Frusta (Without God, frustration)
Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Psalm 127:1

Marcee

Post by Marcee » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:25 pm

pjdobro wrote:We have this one (link removed per board rules) or actually I think it is last year's model because it has a different picture on the front. It looks like it is similar to the one you were looking at. So far, we've been able to find all of our vocabulary words in this dictionary and the definitions are simple and on a good level for my dc.
Thanks Patty:)

John'smom

Post by John'smom » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 pm

You could try this atleast until you find a dictionary that you like for your dc.
Edwena
*Married to my best friend for 16 yrs
*Mom to ds (15), dd (13), dd #2(3)
*Combining my dc in WG (2017-2018)
*Completed and absolutely loved BLHFHG through MTMM

Bramble

Post by Bramble » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:07 pm

My son is using a Scholastic Children's Dictionary. It's so much easier than hauling the big Webster's down from the shelf and the font is larger, too. So far he's been able to find the words.

Marcee

Post by Marcee » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:20 pm

Thanks ladies!! :D :D

khbmom

Post by khbmom » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:39 am

We have this dictionary: (link removed per board rules)

So far we're finding everything we need in it.