LHFHG Bible Verses ?

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
shaffer96

LHFHG Bible Verses ?

Post by shaffer96 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:55 pm

We are starting our 2nd week of LHFHG and my dd is loving it! I was so concerned about all of the reading and I thought it would be too much for her, but she has really enjoyed it and has excellent comprehension. Yeah! I was just wondering how everyone keeps track of the Bible verses. Do you post them all on the wall, or write them out and put them in a binder? I would like my dd to see them again after the week is over, but I am not sure what would be the best way to do that. I would like to review them throughout the year, so she can remember all of them when the year is over. Does anyone do this? If so, how do you do it? Any ideas? Thanks for any tips!
DD 8 - BHFHG
DS 5 1/2 - LHFHG
DS 4 - Enjoying preschool toys and workbooks.

Happy2bMommyof3

Re: LHFHG Bible Verses ?

Post by Happy2bMommyof3 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi, we just write out our Bible verses on index cards and put them in a little cheap photo album. I got a small plastic one at Wal-Mart for $1 in the scrapbooking area.

Hope this helps!
Heather
Wife to the most hardworking man I know,
Mother to three amazing gifts from the King...
Amelia -8 - BHFHG + DITHOR
Noah - 5 - Christian Liberty Press Kindergarten
Lily - 4 -Rod and Staff Pre-K

mom24boys

Post by mom24boys » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:11 pm

We are on week 3. I write the Bible verse on an index card. I use it as my bookmark in my teachers guide/manual for the week. When we are done with that one, it goes into the $1 Walmart holder (just like the previous poster). We continue to play the Steve Green songs from the previous two weeks as my kids enjoy them. If you look ahead, in the manual, however, Carrie does a review week. It is the 6th week. So there is a new verse each week for 5 weeks. Monday of the 6th week she reviews unit 1's verse, Tuesday reviews unit 2, and so on. She does that throughout the book. So Carrie's got you covered! :D

HTH
Cyndi
dh of 18 years
ds15: WG
ds13: MTMM
ds11: CTC
ds9: Bigger

2littlemisses

Post by 2littlemisses » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:18 pm

I cut out little hearts and wrote the verse on each one as we learned them. I placed them on a piece of poster board that was on the wall. It was fun to see all the verses we learned and it looked cute. :D
DD 10
DD 8
Enjoyed LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, using BHFHG & PHFHG this fall

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:01 pm

We hi-lighted the verses in my ds's Bible. It's really neat now to see so much of his Bible hi-lighted yellow with words he's "hidden in his heart" over the many years of committing Scripture to memory through HOD. He gets so excited when the Pastor of our church says the verses in yellow. He beams at me and winks saying, "I know this one." Anyway, it's just kind of neat to see how much they're learning from the Bible with HOD. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie