Preparing Box Day!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
MommyMc

Preparing Box Day!

Post by MommyMc » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Just wanted to share that I ordered late last week and received my box already today. Thankfully it was packed well, because UPS did a number on the box! Only one corner each of the two big books (the Preparing manual and the DITHOR student book) were bent up. Everything else is great-- even the CD!

This is a change from my original plan which was to do Preparing with extensions with my son (age 10, 5th grade) and CTC with extensions with my daughter (age 12, 7th grade). We already had about 3/4 of the books for Preparing. So, I just needed the guide and few books here and there. My daughter was going to be doing Videotext Algebra, Apologia General Science and R&S English 7 (once she finishes the last 1/4 of English 6) anyway. So, when we really couldn't afford to buy a second program, I looked at all of the books on my library shelf that I have been given by a dear homeschooling friend and decided that I would come up with my own history plan for my daughter. I'm sure she will also sneak a peek at some of the wonderful things my son is doing in Preparing.

Not what I was planning, but definitely what we need to do.

My son is looking forward to Preparing and if things really don't work out with my plan, I figure my DD can always join him with Preparing with extensions. It may not be ideal, but with the other bases covered, I think she would be fine. :)

Thanks Carrie and your family for the wonderful service and support you provide to your customers. It is such a ministry!
Anita
Wife to a hard-working hubby
Mom to five great kiddos (4/98, 2/00, 3/05, 11/06 and 3/09)

momtofive

Re: Preparing Box Day!

Post by momtofive » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Happy Box Day to You!!! :D

Congrats on recieving your books! I'm glad they arrived without too much wear and tear. Sometimes I wonder what has happened to my boxes by the time they get to me!! :D I'm sure it's better that I not know! :shock:

Sounds like you have a good plan in place for your children. It's good to know you can use Preparing (with extentions) for your daughter if you need to. This is my first year with HOD, and it's been such a blessing in our home! I pray that the same is true in your home. Preparing sounds like such a great program. I look forward to when my younger children get to that one! :wink:

Enjoy your books! :D

In Christ,

Lisa

Heather4Him

Re: Preparing Box Day!

Post by Heather4Him » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Congratulations on your Box Day!! How fun!! Your plan sounds good, too!
Love in Christ,
Heather (WI)
~~~~~
16yog girl
DITHOR/CTC/RTR/Rev2Rev/MTMM