Handwriting

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
khuitt

Handwriting

Post by khuitt » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:18 am

I notice that starting in roughly the third grade that handwriting programs are introduced - I see alot about italics format. I was wondering though what is suggested for the 1st and 2nd grade levels? My 7-year-old son will be using Beyond Little Hands for His Glory this year.

Thank you,
Kim
Kim
Anchorage, Alaska
Little Hearts for His Glory
7-year-old son
4-year-old daughter
3-month-old daughter

krismoose

Re: Handwriting

Post by krismoose » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:37 am

Beyond has copywork of the weekly poem scheduled in the Language Arts box. If that's too much, you could look at the recommendations for Little Hearts, which are on the right of this page,
http://www.heartofdakota.com/little-hearts-packages.php
A Reason for Handwriting K or A, or Italics A or B. HTH :)
Kristen
Loved LHTH & LHFHG :)
DS8 (2nd) WWE1, HOD dictation, Sequential Spelling, SM 2B, VP OT/AE & SOTW1 history, Song School Latin, Getting Started With Spanish
DD6 (K) Saxon Math 1, VP Phonics Museum K
DD3 cutting, gluing, more cutting :D

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:22 pm

I just wanted to welcome you to the HOD board! :D Krismoose already gave a great link for the handwriting. :)

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

khuitt

Post by khuitt » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:03 am

Thank you so very much. We ended up purchasing StartWrite which is a program that allows you to type in text and have them trace or copy with any font. We will be using italics. :lol:
Kim
Anchorage, Alaska
Little Hearts for His Glory
7-year-old son
4-year-old daughter
3-month-old daughter