publishing student stories, etc.

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
CindyK

publishing student stories, etc.

Post by CindyK » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:56 pm

My daughter will be in 7th grade and doing CTC this year. She brought me the book "Writer's Express" today which has a page on submitting your articles to magazines and they gave a list of magazines that publish student work. She was interested in getting one of the magazines so that she could start submitting stories. She absolutely loves writing and art. My concern is that I don't trust some of the magazines for reading material. She understands this and I told her I would do some research to try to find something. Do any of you know if there is an appropriate magazine that encourages submissions by students? She does submit artwork at times to our local electric company magazine that comes to our house and encourages artwork. I would like to encourage her interest in writing and submitting her work if possible. Thanks for any help!
~Cindy~

17yr. old dd -World History Guide
11yr. old ds - Preparing plus extensions
9yr. old dd - other