The CDs from LHTH & Beyond

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Cindie2dds

The CDs from LHTH & Beyond

Post by Cindie2dds » Fri May 28, 2010 4:48 pm

I am just letting my girls listen to the LHTH set in the car. It brings tears to my eyes because they love it and want me to turn it up! Praise the Lord! I haven't played the Beyond CD yet. I didn't want to mess up a lesson plan. Do you all play the CDs whenever and then just cover the lesson in the box and talk about the song that they've heard; or how do you use the music? We can't really play it in the house during school time because Daddy works at home on the computer.

Thank you!
Wife of 17 years to Gary, mom to girls:
Starting our journey with HOD in August!
Juliette (Jan/04) BLHFHG
Jordan (Jul/06) LHTH

Kathleen

Re: The CDs from LHTH & Beyond

Post by Kathleen » Fri May 28, 2010 6:05 pm

We have an inexpensive CD player that we keep upstairs in the boys' room. We go in there for our singing time during school. We do our reading & some of the active things upstairs, too right next door - in the room that will belong to the new little guy. (Because it has the most floor space other than the living room. But the living room is open to the kitchen & dining room and we REALLY distract whoever is working at the table if we're bopping around or reading something interesting.) I don't know if a CD player in the kids' room would make it easier for you to use them during school and not distract Dad. I'm pretty sure ours was $15 at Wal-Mart. But, you can definitely use the music however it works for you during the week!

The CD's that are used in LHFHG and Beyond were already family favorites here before we started using HOD. So, we still listen to them in the van whenever. I guess during the school year the one we're using for LHFHG is in the CD case that's kept upstairs so we don't misplace it. :wink: But it's moved back to the van for the summer. :D

:D Kathleen
Homeschooling mom to 6:
Grant - 19 Kansas State University
Allison - 15 World Geography
Garret - 13 Res2Ref
Asa - 8 Bigger
Quinn - 7 Bigger

Halle - 4 LHTH

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Fri May 28, 2010 6:49 pm

We've listened to our cd's all the time in the car and at home, whenever. We did also listen to them during the music time for school, but we wouldn't have had to b/c they already knew them all from listening in the car...

juliekay

Post by juliekay » Sat May 29, 2010 8:50 am

[quote="Cindie2dds"] I haven't played the Beyond CD yet. I didn't want to mess up a lesson plan. Do you all play the CDs whenever and then just cover the lesson in the box and talk about the song that they've heard;quote]
Too funny! This was exactly how I started out! I soon found it easiest to just listen to the LHTH CD in the car as they needed to hear the songs repetitively to really enjoy them( AND we're in the car a lot!). Now, my older dc (Bigger and Preparing CD's) did listen to the CD's in the morning as we used this resource to begin our school day. Maybe you'll just want to leave the Singing Bible in the Car and the CD's to Beyond in the house. Isn't it fun that your family is able to enjoy both sets of CDs?!
What we need to do is have more than one copy of these CD's - for in the car and the house! :lol:
Julie
2010-2011
ds 13 RTR plus
ds 12 RTR plus
ds 8 RTR
dd 5
ds 2
We loved using Bigger & Preparing

inHistiming

Post by inHistiming » Sat May 29, 2010 9:58 am

I had to chime back in! :D All the kids learned the songs, not just the one whose cd it was, so I saw that as an extra bonus. And even my older children still enjoyed the 'younger' cd's. Extra copies wouldn't be such a bad idea....but certainly not necessary. :o

Cindie2dds

Post by Cindie2dds » Sat May 29, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks, ladies! That's the one thing I noticed yesterday about all the kids enjoying them. We listened to "Jordan's" LHTH CD, but Juliette loved it as well and she's the one who asked me to turn it up. I think we will just listen to them both in the car. We drive to ballet and gymnastics twice a week and it's 30 minutes away; plenty of time to listen to both CDs several times! :)
Wife of 17 years to Gary, mom to girls:
Starting our journey with HOD in August!
Juliette (Jan/04) BLHFHG
Jordan (Jul/06) LHTH