Hello from PA

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
bethmcc

Hello from PA

Post by bethmcc » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:00 pm

Hi! I am Beth from just outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Dh and I homeschool 5 kids: ds 15, almost dd 14, dd 11, dd just 5 and dd 3. We adopted our youngest daughter from China last summer. We had some serious adjustments with our youngest bio daughter and her new little sister. I am a former preschool teacher and was trying to put together a program for the 2 girls to do together when someone on my china adoption list serve suggested LHTH. It was truly an answer to prayer. We have so much fun with it every morning. It gives them (and me) just enough structure to get through the morning and when the little one takes her nap we do our kindergarten phonics and math. I am sure I'll have more questions as I try to move on next year with the younger duo.
Thanks to those who post! It really helps those of us new to the curriculum.

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:39 pm

Hi Beth! Welcome to the boards :D

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:02 pm

I have a just 5 y/o dd and a 3 y/o old ds. I am doing LHFHG and w/ my dd and my ds tags along. Welcome to the boards! :)

Gina

Tansy

Post by Tansy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:06 pm

Welcome!
We have an adopted DD from India age 8 and We are inprocess for a "by faith" adoption from China 7 months into the 22 month wait time.. only 15 more months to go to child assignment!
Nice to know there are other Adoptive Mommies out there!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫