math questions-singapore or teaching textbooks

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
pjsullivan

math questions-singapore or teaching textbooks

Post by pjsullivan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:52 pm

I have used singapore for my twin 8 yr. old this year and we only got through 2A. We just finished today! I am going to work on math facts and games for awhile before going into another book. I am not sure what i want to use. For one of the twins, it's been a pretty good fit-the other one complains ALOT and LOVES colored pictures. I know he will thrive in Preparing next year(doing 1/2 pace) My 2nd oldest is using teacihng textbooks and is 5 soon to be 6. We tried singapore but it was HORRIBLE for her -we finally switched her. My choice is TT 4 for the twins next year or 2b singapore. TT takes a bit of pressure off of me as though i would sit with them the entire time, the teaching would come from the "computer" and they get to answer questions on the computer. Singapore is a strange language for me so i have to "learn" how to teach the lessons. I will have an oldest doing MFW high school, middle doing RTR and boys doing Preparing.I must admit the thought of TTkgives me a mental break-
AND i have a questions about spelling but will save that for a later post.

For those who might remember me, i tried HOD last fall and due to personal issues of hospitilization, we never "got off the ground" Hoping for a better start this august!!!!p

pjean