DHR Bio. unit

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
ds4home

DHR Bio. unit

Post by ds4home » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:57 pm

I just wanted to share how our reading went for the day. My 9 yr old ds just finished reading a biography on Cleopatra last week. So today we did the book project - a patchwork quilt page to write out what he remembered from it. It was so simple - yet so effective! He picked out different colors of construction paper, I cut them, and he wrote a sentence on each one. I let him write one then glue it down, write one and glue it down... For a 9 yr old boy who doesn't like to write, I actually got a whole book report out of him :!: He didn't even complain or whine :!: I'm so glad I found this curriculum :D

Dawn
Mom to Amber (15), Carmen (12), Nathan (9), and Bethany (3)
Using Drawn into the Heart of Reading and Little Hands to Heaven

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:20 pm

I have an "art-phobic" type son that also made the quilt piece last year, and loved it! It's nice to have a finished project that is a recognizeable thing!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie