CTC Supplies

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
annaz

Re: CTC Supplies

Post by annaz » Tue May 31, 2011 9:22 am

Two more questions...

The 1/2 " and 1" brushes are chosen by numbers, not by inch, so I don't see where it tells which one is which. Also, what are the neatness jars for if the paints come in tubes? Thanks.
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One DH :)
One cat
One dog
Three horses :shock:

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 31, 2011 10:04 am

The neatness jars are for the water, so it doesn't tip. But I have boys, you know :wink: , so any helps in "neatness" are a bonus at our house. :lol: A margarine tub would probably be just fine for a neat dd. :D As far as the numbers, I don't know that answer. Calling all budding artists - Tansy - you could answer this one I think! Otherwise, I bet a quick call to Miller Pads and Papers would do it - HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

annaz

Post by annaz » Tue May 31, 2011 10:14 am

my3sons wrote:The neatness jars are for the water, so it doesn't tip. But I have boys, you know :wink: , so any helps in "neatness" are a bonus at our house. :lol: A margarine tub would probably be just fine for a neat dd. :D As far as the numbers, I don't know that answer. Calling all budding artists - Tansy - you could answer this one I think! Otherwise, I bet a quick call to Miller Pads and Papers would do it - HTH! :D

In Christ,
Julie

LOL...thanks Julie. I used to have those in a nice carrier from Lakeshore Learning and they were awesome! I never thought to keep them for water! Ugh.
I know you're thinking, "Good grief, do I have to do ALL the work?" :D We live in the boonies and it's much easier to click and order.

I'll give them a call! Your list was extremely helpful and painless!
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One cat
One dog

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Those jars have saved a lot of near disasters at our house - picture my HOD guides all open on the table within spilling distance. :shock: :lol: Anyway, I'm glad to help, and I'll need this info down the road again anyway. :D You'll have to share what you find out about those numbers if you do - I'm stumped on that too. :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

annaz

Post by annaz » Tue May 31, 2011 2:05 pm

my3sons wrote:Those jars have saved a lot of near disasters at our house - picture my HOD guides all open on the table within spilling distance. :shock: :lol: Anyway, I'm glad to help, and I'll need this info down the road again anyway. :D You'll have to share what you find out about those numbers if you do - I'm stumped on that too. :D

In Christ,
Julie
:shock: :shock: Yikes! I only have one...and she's a girl, so it's slightly possible that she's a little less likely to be a total mess, although the looks of her bedroom wouldn't warrant me saying so.

Anyway, the link you had said "fabric", so I went with these: Tansy :D mentioned that camel hair were pretty darn good.
http://www.millerpadsandpaper.com/Natur ... egoryId=-1

1/2" & 1" camel hair

I have some pretty good ones here already at home that are MINE, but I'm not willing to share. :twisted:
Married 1994
One DD 6/2000
One cat
One dog

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks for fixing the "fabric" ones - oops! :oops: Come to think of it, the ones we used look like the ones you just linked instead. :D I think that is so neat you have your own paints - I wish I knew better what to do with them myself because I think that would be a good creative outlet. I'll change that link of mine to be this one instead so we can use it to help others. Have a great night! :D

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

arstephia

Post by arstephia » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:32 pm

I was gone when this list got posted. We are going to be at a conference soon and I was hoping to get these things picked up. This makes it SO much easier. Thanks!
I've done all the guides now with at least one child and still feeling the HOD LOVE. LOL!
DD 9- Preparing
DD 13- Rev 2 Rev
DS 15- Geography

moedertje

Post by moedertje » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Such a helpful post on CTC supplies! Thank you so much... :D :D
Raising Arrows; Psalms 127:4
ds17, Class of 2020, now at IHOPU
ds 15, WH
dd 13, MTMM
In year 1 of homeschooling it all started with LHTH for us.

netpea

Post by netpea » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:26 am

Michael's had 12 color student watercolor sets (the tubes) last fall for $5. We did well with those and they had a $5 set of student brushes that had the two rounds and two flats, not quite the reccommended sizes but they worked fine.
Lee Ann
DD3 - LHTH
DD10 - no longer schooled at home
DS12 - no longer schooled at home

Have used LHTH, LHFHG, BLHFHG, and BHFHG
http://netpea.blogspot.com