Introduction

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
JenninMN

Introduction

Post by JenninMN » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:29 pm

Hi! I'm so excited to have this board and read what everyone else is doing. I am using LHFHG with my 5yo boy this year. We are loving it! We made our golden calf out of edible playdough last week. Last night I heard my son telling his 14yo brother, "We are only supposed to worship Jesus. Jesus says so. Some people made an idol of a lamb, and there leader-I don't remember his name-he made them eat it." Okay, so he didn't have all the details, but I was thrilled. Whenever I talk to the grandparents, I tell them about the cute activities we have been doing thru LHFHG. LOL We've been homeschooling my big kids from the beginning, so this is our 10th year. It's nice to be excited about something new for the little guy.
Jennifer wife to wonderful husband for 18 years
homschooling:
son-14, daughter-12, and son-5 with LHFHG

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:49 pm

Welcome to the boards! I am using LHFHG with my dd (5) and she is loving it. We made our playdough golden calf last week as well. I let me 3 y/o son make one too. The kids had a blast making and eating them. It sounds like we are on the same schedule. We just began week 6 today. Have a great day! Gina

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:27 pm

Hi Jennifer!

We're doing Little Hearts too, but you must be ahead of us. We haven't made the golden calf yet, but I remember making it with my oldest son when I did LHFHG with him. What a fun story about the golden calf! That reminds me of when my oldest son mixed up our Storytime reading about Peter Rabbit with the Peter from the Bible. He prayed one day, "Please help Peter Rabbit just to make it across the water without drowning before Reddy Fox gets him. But if he goes down, I know Jesus will help him up." LOL I guess the good thing about that mix-up is that he knows Jesus can help ANYONE through ANYTHING!

My3Sons
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

netpea

golden calf

Post by netpea » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:02 pm

we did Little Hearts 2 years ago, I don't remember the golden calf though. What unit was that? I want to look it up and see if I made any

beandip71

Post by beandip71 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:24 pm

It is in Unit 5 on Day 5. HTH!
Gina

netpea

that explains it.

Post by netpea » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:36 pm

That's for the unit reference. I checked off everything else that day except the artistic expression. somehow we skipped it. Oh well, that means it will be new when my daughter moves into Little Hearts in a year.

:D

JenninMN

Post by JenninMN » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:30 pm

I had the opportunity to flip through LHFHG at a bookstore last year and really check it out. I saw that activity then and that was what really sold me on the program. I just knew we would have a good time. I wasn't sure if my guy was ready for it this year, but he certainly seems to be so far. I'm so glad to have some place to share my excitement about this program. I'm afraid I'm going to start to sound like a broken record on my other forums. . ."For that age group, have you considered heartofdakota. . ."
Jennifer wife to wonderful husband for 18 years
homschooling:
son-14, daughter-12, and son-5 with LHFHG