Coming to the end of our first week of our "new" year

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
deltagal

Coming to the end of our first week of our "new" year

Post by deltagal » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:17 pm

HI all,

We began our "new" year on Monday with my soon to be 13 year old in CTC, my soon to be 11 yo in Preparing/Bigger and my 8 yo in Bigger. It has been a great week. Lots of work carving out a new routine, but the children seem really pleased with what they're doing and excited. I had originally planned to do Bible and Poetry separate wtih my 11 yo, but I feel that I need to combine some more things, so I've decided to have him join in with Bible and Poetry with his little brother in Bigger. My son in CTC is loving the Dinosaur book - big surprise for both of us and is narrating up a storm! And my 11 yo who is doing the Extension reading in Bigger is loving that, as well. He seems to have reached a new level of maturity and confidence just in the last few weeks. Now, my real challenge is helping him become more independent. ANd my 8 yo who is still in the emerging readers - loves them! We're having a good time with the activities, which are just enough, not too much. So we're off to a good start. We'll see what happens as time marches on.
With Joy!
Florence

My blog: http://florencebrooks.com/

Began HOD 1/2009
Currently using: Bigger, RTR, Rev to Rev and MTMM