Philistine helmet

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Mom25

Philistine helmet

Post by Mom25 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 am

Help! Our helmet looks more like a jester's hat--all the fringes are falling down around the headband! What did I do wrong??

my3sons

Re: Philistine helmet

Post by my3sons » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:42 pm

You've got me laughing here! :lol: Some days just go like that - maybe the Lord thought a nice jester's hat would give you a needed laugh today! :D Maybe you'll think ours looks like a jester's hat too, but I thought it turned out fine:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5278&p=38702&hilit ... met#p38702

Otherwise, here's a link to Daisy's dd's Philistine helmet, which probably turned out even more realistically than mine: :)
http://daisyhomeschoolblog.blogspot.com ... -1022.html

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Philistine helmet

Post by Carrie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:36 am

To fix it, just place a long strip of Scotch tape around the inside of the fringes, about an inch up from the bottom of the headband. :D My son cut his strips down too far when he made his Philistine helmet this year, and we had the same effect. :D The tape inside the fringes fixed the helmet beautifully. :D

Blessings,
Carrie