Wow the things they remember!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Tansy

Wow the things they remember!

Post by Tansy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:18 pm

We were reading our last story in "Stories of the Pilgrims" And it talked about how girls would learn to spin at school. My DD2 was adamant that they didn't... (it was so funny watching her indignant face) "Mom that is wrong." I was surprised, and asked her why she said that.

"WEll Mom! remember last summer at Plymouth plantation, THE LADIES told us they bought all their cloth from England! They didn't bring sheep over and they didn't spin... and look" *runs and gets a history books she has been pouring over, about revolutionary war* brings it back open to the page on how the revolutionary war revolutionized spinning in this country as prior to that most cloth was purchased. She's only reading at a 2nd grade lvl!!

*Mom blown away*

So I said well honi maybe they were taught to spin just in case they ever got sheep.. LOL she wasn't buying what I was selling so instead, I praised her for seeking out truth. I did mention they might have had flax fields but who is to argue with the interpreters of Plymouth! at least it was a a worth while 60$ spent!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫
Dyslexics of the world Untie!
Adoptive Mom to 2 girls
http://gardenforsara.blogspot.com/
♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫•*¨*•.¸❤¸.•*¨*•♪♫