Hello from Western South Dakota

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Jules

Hello from Western South Dakota

Post by Jules » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:35 am

Hey everyone! I found you....or you found me! At any rate, I received the note in the mail about this message board and I am so excited to be a part of this :D
My husband and I have 4 children: our oldest just was married on Sept. 8th (daughter), our next daughter is 14, and then bringing up the rear is our two little ones, a boy, age 7 and a girl, age 5. I feel like I have already been homeschooling forever, but still have so far to go!
I met Carrie a couple years ago, online. We had some great conversations and then lost touch....do to life happening. I am happy to be able to come here and reconnect and continue to see the blessings that she is pouring out to the homeschooling community.
Our favorite book has always been the Little Hands to Heaven. We just seem to always go back to it with the younger ones. I couldn't possibly part with it, as I want to have it for grandbabies (someday :shock: )
I hope to be able to come here, on occasion, and check in with everyone. What a wonderful addition this will be to the resources already available and up and coming.
I am excited to read about the additional items that Carrie is working on and I look forward to seeing those.
Blessings to all....
Jules

my3sons

Hi from Eastern South Dakota!

Post by my3sons » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi Jules! Nice to meet you! I'm My3Sons (Julie), and I'm so glad you are going to be a part of this board. I was just calculating how many years I'll be homeschooling when it's all said and done, and then I began thinking about helping out with homeschooling grandchildren someday (Lord willing)... it's going to add up to a lot of currently uncalculateable years, isn't it? That's why I'm so glad for Carrie's curriculum. It makes me ENJOY teaching, and it does NOT make me tense (now if she could just do something about my baby crying...).

I have a boy that's almost 8, a 4 1/2 year old boy, and then at the end of the line is Baby Emmett (7 mos.). I've basically about got the second half of your family, with a baby on the end. We're doing Bigger... and Drawn... and then also Little Hearts (half-days at a time). It's been a super year so far! I hope you are having a good homeschool year and look forward to "getting to know you" here on the boards.

My3 Sons
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie