Unit 25...Armor of God

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
scrapsmith

Unit 25...Armor of God

Post by scrapsmith » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:22 am

Just a quick THANK YOU to Carrie and her team for another great hands on activity...my dc had a blast today creating the armour of God for their stuffed animals!! As we head into the New Year, I have been purposing to ENJOY each day rather than see it as one long TO DO list!! And HOD is a huge blessing in that endeavor!! These actvities are all planned out and make me look like a great mom!! :) Thanks for the fun memories!! (And I will never forget now, each piece of armor and its name!!)
Eryn,wife to Jeff since 1998
Mommy to Micah, 7yo, BLHFHG
Addie Mae 5yo, LHTH, and
Canaan 2yo, right in the middle of it all!!
"Teach us to number our days...Ps 90:12"

Carrie
Site Admin

Re: Unit 25...Armor of God

Post by Carrie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Eryn,

Thanks so much for sharing how much you and your kiddos loved this activity. It blessed my heart today. :D I'll copy your post to the Main Board too, so other ladies get a chance to comment and share in your joy. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

farmfamily

Re: Unit 25...Armor of God

Post by farmfamily » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:26 am

We LOVED this activity! It has to be one of our favorites in Beyond! This activity really helped my girls (and me) remember and internalize this wonderful gift of armor that God has given us.
even smaller copy of armor.jpg
even smaller copy of armor.jpg (63.72 KiB) Viewed 7643 times
Here they are in battle with Satan:
even smaller copy of armor 10 percent in office pic manager.jpg
even smaller copy of armor 10 percent in office pic manager.jpg (62.67 KiB) Viewed 7640 times
When I put my younger daughter in bed that night she took off Teddy's armor so that she could sleep with him as usual. She told me, "Mom, Teddy still has on his invisible armor of God - and so do I!"

Even my youngest (5) had to get in on the fun. He decided to turn his stuffed animal, BunJohn, into a chef!
small copy of Chef BunJohn.jpg
small copy of Chef BunJohn.jpg (56.01 KiB) Viewed 7640 times
Love it!!!
blessed to be married 17 yrs to my hardworking farmer dh, mom to:
daughter 13 MTMM
daughter 11 Rev to Rev
son 10 CTC

Enjoyed Little Hands, LHFHG, Beyond, Bigger, Preparing, CTC, Res to Ref, and Rev to Rev!!