Elegant Cursive for my daughter

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Patience

Elegant Cursive for my daughter

Post by Patience » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:22 pm

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for my artistic daughter for handwriting. She learned cursive with Handwriting Without Tears and has beautiful handwriting and she enjoys it. She has completed all those books and I'd like to keep her learning handwriting for the next few years - but move her on to a more elegant style. I've purchased a calligraphy book, but I think it's a bit much right now. I was thinking maybe I should try the Rod and Staff Penmanship. Peterson seems nice but a little involved. Anyone have a suggestion? :P
Wife of 10 wonderful years
Mom to three
9 yo girl and 7 yo boy doing BIGGER
3yo girl listening in to all our reading

dale1088

Re: Elegant Cursive for my daughter

Post by dale1088 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:49 pm

I like the Queen Homeschool Pictures in Cursive books. They are an art study and cursive in one. Supposedly they get progressively harder, but I haven't seen them in person yet. We're still working on Cheerful Cursive but I thought I would move on to these Queen ones when done with that.
~Amy
2009-2010:
Lucy, 9, PHFHG and DITHOR
Elliot, 5, LHTH

Chelle

Re: Elegant Cursive for my daughter

Post by Chelle » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:45 am

If want you really want is artistic elegance, then Spencerian Penmanship probably takes the cake. My oldest daughter (now a homeschooling mom herself) used it for fun in middle school.

Blessings,
Chelle