Wanted to say hello for the year!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
Patience

Wanted to say hello for the year!

Post by Patience » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Just wanted to say hello. We have had such a busy fall this year with a number of trips and so we've been forced to do school a bit more in fits in starts and I haven't even had a chance to say hi. I've been trying to be most faithful with the basics, but what we have been able to get to from HOD "BIGGER" we've really enjoyed. We're reading John Audubon right now and my son has taken up a surprise interest in the birds that come up. I was able to get a gigantic book from the library with all of John's paintings in it. My daughter is really enjoying Rod and Staff English and I'm enjoying getting back into a groove after our busy fall. HOD is such a blessing to keep me on track.
Wife of 10 wonderful years
Mom to three
9 yo girl and 7 yo boy doing BIGGER
3yo girl listening in to all our reading

my3sons

Re: Wanted to say hello for the year!

Post by my3sons » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Patience! Good to "see" you again! :D It seems like the Thanksgiving/Christmas time of year is so busy, for us too. It is a blessing! But, all of the added time in decorating the house, hanging lights, finding gifts, wrapping them, writing cards, having guests, etc. can take a toll. We ended up taking off a handful of unplanned days from homeschooling this Christmas season because we had blizzards and ended up moving both of our Christmas's (at my parents' house and at my dh's parents' house) at the last minute to later dates. Then, my sister from Texas ended up staying another week, so school didn't get done that week either. (It was nice to spend time with her though - and with her dc!) Anyway, it's one of the great things about homeschooling to take days off as needed, but also one for me to always monitor. That's so neat you have a budding bird enthusiast on your hands! :D Reading John Audubon had that effect on my ds too, and resulted in bird feeders, books about birds in the Dakotas, and even a bird calls device. :D HOD is such a blessing in our home too! :D Glad you said hello!!! :)

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Patience,

I just wanted to pop-in and say, "Hello" too! :D It's good to hear from you. It sounds like you've been busy this season and are getting back into your groove with school. It can be tough to start up again after Christmas, but I'm always thankful for the snow we have here as it keeps us indoors and makes it easier to get back to school. :wink:

I'm so glad you're enjoying John Audubon. My boys loved drawing birds for Bigger Hearts and spent many days bird-watching from our windows. We pray you will have a blessed year with Bigger Hearts. :D

Blessings,
Carrie

Candice

Post by Candice » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Patience,

Just wanted to send a hello to you as well! :D

Glad to hear that your kiddos are enjoying the components of Bigger, it is such a joy to see them make special connections, isn't it?!
I had a chance to take my little kiddos on a field trip to the Museum Of Natural History in our area and it was awesome!
The museum had a special Audubon art gallery and a "bird room" that contained a huge number of species. It was amazing to view Audubon's beautiful artwork and to gaze at all the different species of birds. I have to admit that I was way more impressed than my soon to be 6 year old but, we will return again to appreciate Audubon and all those birds when she is older.
Enjoy your days!

Happy New Year!
Candice :D

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi Patience! Glad you are back. Some seasons in life are just more busier than others are they not. Glad you guys are getting some time it is enjoy HOD! :D
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)