An Easy Way to Say Thanks to Mike and Carrie!

This is where new posts begin. All questions or discussions about any of Heart of Dakota's curriculums start here. If you wish to share a one-time post about your family's experience with our curriculum, you may post under the specific curriculum title (found beneath this "Main Board" heading).
my3sons

An Easy Way to Say Thanks to Mike and Carrie!

Post by my3sons » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Hi gals! I was reading those neat threads about how thankful we all are to Mike and Carrie for their willingness to spend time helping all of us out. Mary's post about HSR and helping out Mike and Carrie's home business got me thinking about a really simple way we can say "thanks" back to them.

I just noticed that there are not many shared experiences on some of the HOD curriculums. I think DITHOR only has 5 or 6. I know that we all love the HOD curriculums we are using, but we haven't all posted our experiences yet. I think that is where a lot of newbies trying to find out more about a specific HOD curriculum must go to read up on it.

Maybe we could all try to post something about our positive experience with the HOD curriculums we've used in each curriculum's forum. That would be a great way to show our appreciation to Mike and Carrie, and also a wonderful way to share our experiences with moms wondering what HOD is all about too! What do you all think of this idea? Just a thought!

In Christ,
Julie
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Wife to Rich for 28 years
Mother to 3 sons, ages 23, 20, and 16
Sister to Carrie

Erin

Post by Erin » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:38 pm

Just an fyi, as a newbie myself, that is the FIRST place I looked :) . To see the reviews. So great idea!!
Erin
Mama to my Guatemalan Princesa Meeah, 3.5
and my Guatemalan Principe Migel, 2

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:59 pm

I guess we are just going to have to post reviews of whatever we are using under Little Hearts For His Glory. I believe that is the way it comes up. What I did was just put the programs I use under ages. I doubt HSR will be updating review categories any time soon with the new owners trying to get themselves oriented. But at least for now you can put reviews there. :)

But it is all over the boards as well. It is almost like people started getting mad there were so many happy HOD people there on the board. Can't help it if we love it! :lol:
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13
~Six lovies from God~4 by blessing of adoption
-MTMM (HS), Rev to Rev, CTC, DITHR
We LOVED LHFHG/Beyond/Bigger/Preparing/CTC/RTR/Rev to Rev (HS)

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:12 pm

water2wine wrote:I guess we are just going to have to post reviews of whatever we are using under Little Hearts For His Glory. I believe that is the way it comes up. What I did was just put the programs I use under ages. I doubt HSR will be updating review categories any time soon with the new owners trying to get themselves oriented. But at least for now you can put reviews there. :)
I'm so sorry - I am not making any sense, and it can only get worse now as the night comes on (I am NOT a night person)! Anyway, I meant that we could post our experiences in the forum index of the HOD board. I know, I confused the matter by putting in the HSR part from Mary's post. However, I think your idea of posting it on the HSR boards under LHFHG with different ages would be nice too. Sorry to make this clear as mud! :oops:

I agree that lots of moms are coming to the HOD board now, and that's why I was thinking that it would be great to have more "reviews" by all of us written here on the HOD forums too. O.k. - things can only get worse for me as the night continues, so I'm stopping myself here and hoping this made some sense! :shock: :lol: :P
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:20 pm

my3sons wrote: I'm so sorry - I am not making any sense, and it can only get worse now as the night comes on (I am NOT a night person)! Anyway, I meant that we could post our experiences in the forum index of the HOD board. I know, I confused the matter by putting in the HSR part from Mary's post. However, I think your idea of posting it on the HSR boards under LHFHG with different ages would be nice too. Sorry to make this clear as mud! :oops:
OH Ok well I guess I have kind of done both now. :lol: And it did work to add different ages and LHFG/BHFG in the heading. But yes it makes sense to do it on this board as well under the program you are using. 8)
All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children. Isaiah 54:13

Melanie

Post by Melanie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:02 pm

water2wine wrote: But it is all over the boards as well. It is almost like people started getting mad there were so many happy HOD people there on the board. Can't help it if we love it! :lol:
I noticed that "tone" over there....kind of warning people not to jump on the HOD bandwagon... :roll: gimme a break! It's the best ride around!!! :D I don't get over there much. I can only handle one board and this one is so much more fun!

W2W...Your review is awesome!! I read the whole thing. You put your heart into words and it really came through in a sincere way. You get an A+ and a cyber hi-5!!
Using LHFHG with
ds - '00
dd - '00
dd - '02

MamaMary

Post by MamaMary » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:58 am

Great Idea! I will do this later today!
Mary, Mama to 4 amazing sons and wife to one incredible husband! Come check us out on the blog: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:07 am

Ok you guys have you ever had one of those days when you are rolling on the floor, splitting your seams laughing at yourself. :lol: :lol: :lol: See I really did think both my3soms were the same person on both boards. And it is easy to do I think because they are both very nice and well they do have the same user name. Well that is actually why I assumed HSR was kind of the site to put the review on because a few of us chatted there about there not being many reviews. And I was kind of waiting for the new owner to put in the category request... but anyway you get the deal. Hahaha!

Ok it is so funny. That is really the reason why one board is enough. I had someone ask my in an email how come I was not there and really it is because I am not searching anymore. I know what we are doing for up until high school. I kind of look for looking to see what we will use there because for some reason I can't turn my head off with that and because you "know" a few people there but I agree I like the happy HOD board better. 8) It's nice to be able to share what is working and have that be OK. On the other hand I understand how hard it is to be searching and I guess it is hard for people to hear that something else works for someone else and they are excited. I am excited for people if XYZ program works for them. It is just about us all finding the best fit for us. It is not going to be the same for everyone.

Carrie
Site Admin

Post by Carrie » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:49 pm

Ladies,

I just wanted to say thank-you from the bottom of Mike and I's hearts for taking your precious time to post reviews of our products. You would be surprised how many moms mention reading the reviews on the HSR board when they begin using our products. Also, we have so many "guests" that read the reviews in the folders on our site. It is a good way for them to get a less biased opinion than they get when they call or email us! :D

Thanks again! You ladies are wonderful. :wink:

Blessings,
Carrie

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:50 pm

water2wine: This was pretty funny, I must admit! So glad the my3sons mystery is solved! Also, thank you so much for posting! That was a beautiful testimony about HOD, and I know it will be much appreciated by Mike and Carrie, as well as by all of the other moms out there that read it.
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:43 pm

my3sons wrote:water2wine: This was pretty funny, I must admit! So glad the my3sons mystery is solved!
The funny thing was when she said she wanted a Bible story for her dc I almost said why don't ya just write one! :lol: Because I am thinking I like the one you have for mom's a lot and I'm thinking why not. Could you imagine if I told her that! Hahaha! I am so glad I held back on that one! :lol:

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:04 pm

water2wine wrote: The funny thing was when she said she wanted a Bible story for her dc I almost said why don't ya just write one! :lol: Because I am thinking I like the one you have for mom's a lot and I'm thinking why not. Could you imagine if I told her that! Hahaha! I am so glad I held back on that one! :lol:
That would have been a shocker to her, that's for sure! But, thanks for letting me know you're enjoying my devotional. It is close to my heart, and bares a lot of my personal life, so it does my soul good to hear that someone I respect as much as I do you, is liking it. Thanks!
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie

water2wine

Post by water2wine » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:51 pm

my3sons wrote: But, thanks for letting me know you're enjoying my devotional. It is close to my heart, and bares a lot of my personal life, so it does my soul good to hear that someone I respect as much as I do you, is liking it. Thanks!
I LOVE your devotional! Seriously love it. I love the stories, love that it asks you to pray with those who are most connected to helping you live your roles. And can I tell you how much it is needed. Everywhere I go I see moms doing the crab thing and pulling the other one down in the bucket. I want to be fulfilled in the roles God has for me! All I ever wanted as a little girl was to be a mom and a wife. And the enemy does not want us to be happy, fulfilled, in our roles. The term "roll" in fact has in essence become a 4 letter word. (Ok thinking I must have read that so if I stole it I readily admit it, or else it is original hahaha!) But seriously your devotional is a real lift and I look forward to it. And as I listed in my questioner on the other thread...I am not a smoke blower :roll: Seriously hoping you write another one. If so I will be using it! I do a full study of the Bible and I love Oswald Chambers but this is just different. It's "my mommy unit study". That's what I tell my kids each morning. :wink: And it can get me on the right track when I wake up very much off track. So I think my kids want to thank you too. Hehehe! :lol:

hippiechyck

Post by hippiechyck » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:21 am

i updated my blog links in my siggy...i talk ALOT about HOD on my homeschool blog! (which is NOT Blither Blather :lol: )
~*~Barbara~*~
using LH and BLH with the boys, ages 8.5 and 5

Blither Blather~~~Headmistress's Office

my3sons

Post by my3sons » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:52 am

water2wine wrote: I LOVE your devotional! Seriously love it. I love the stories, love that it asks you to pray with those who are most connected to helping you live your roles. And can I tell you how much it is needed. Everywhere I go I see moms doing the crab thing and pulling the other one down in the bucket. I want to be fulfilled in the roles God has for me!
Thanks so much! You made my day - completely! I need that time with God each day too, and I totally get what you are saying here about the "crab thing" - just grocery shopping at Walmart is a reminder of that. It seems like my greatest barrier to being happy is comparing myself to others - Why can't I be like that? Or why doesn't my husband do that? Or why can't I live there? Why don't I look like that? etc., etc., etc.!!! :roll: Then, I try to remind myself that God created me just as He wanted to, and me "complaining" about it is sort of like telling Him He might have made a mistake. :oops: I can usually turn my thinking around with that thought pretty fast! I sure don't want to be telling my Lord and Savior that I think I know better than He does how things need to go! Anyway, I want to be fulfilled in those roles for God as well, and I think that must bring Him great pleasure when I am. Thanks so much for your encouraging words here, and have a great weekend!!! :o
Enjoyed LHTH to USII
Currently using USI
Sister to Carrie